13: Caerlion

That first day of the week had me anxiously waiting for Mei's appearance. I tried not to show but standing at the entrance did not help at all. One could imagine my delight as the chubby little fox showed up glowing with her beautiful cheeky smile on her face.

It had just been a week yet here I stood tempted to just throw myself at her considerably shorter stature. Never mind that, she'd jumped on me instead threatening to not let go.

Next was the contest of confessing who missed who more. I was very sure I did. I realized I'd come to love her more than I'd initially thought.

There hadn't been enough time to catch up between classes so break time had to suffice.

Del's reaction had been nothing short of surprising as Mei suddenly became her baby and Del wouldn't stop cuddling her.

"I got you guys something. " said Mei as she pulled two rather large apples out of her bag. White apples. I could already imagine how they would taste.

"oh dear! You shouldn't have! " exclaimed Del.

"but I did. " she replied.

"is it just me or are these apples ridiculously large? " I just couldn't get over the size.

"I know. " she leaned in" a little secret, these are from the mother tree. I'd only returned yesterday so you guys could have them fresh. " she whispered.

"mother tree? " I asked.

"Mhm. Planted by Xinhua herself." Replied Mei.

I was visibly lost. But Del on the other hand had taken half a bite, lost her words and held out a hand to stop any further discussion till she was done slurping up the juices.

I had never once seen her that way. Del was always composed regardless of the situation even when she was drinking herself senseless at the club the other night.

She moaned until she found herself and managed to reach her napkin before anyone could say a word.

"That was so good." She exclaimed.

"I know." Said Mei

"Almost as good as... Blood but like... Wow!"

"Yes!"

I smiled. Then laughed because the reaction had been quite comical. Soon, they were laughing too and we were all laughing and then wondering why.

"You should try it too. " Del persuaded. Did I want to? Absolutely!

A bite out of mine and I was so lost for words to describe the sensation my face dropped flat on the table while I let out a sound no sane human would.

They burst out laughing once more.

"Oh my god!" Apples did not taste like this. They were good but not this good. Was Ranisian soil better or was it in the sunlight or something? "

As soon as I could get my head back up, I tried to finish up my apple leading to the next few frustrating minutes of my life with an after taste that refused to go sour and now I wanted more.

"The better the mood, the better the taste." Said Mei.

"Quit joking around!I can't even tell for sure if what I ate was an apple. "

Mei simply giggled and followed with an affirmation that it indeed was when out of no where, a hand pulled tight on her collar pulling her back till she had dropped from her seat to the floor on her butt.

Perhaps I had seen her coming a few feet away and had simply ignored her as they never even spoke on school grounds. Mei said they were sisters but the resemblance wasn't there. The slender figure as opposed to mei's slightly more plump form Her face was pink with fury and her ears were flared for attack. I couldn't quite fathom the sudden behavior.