14:the Truth.

"Erica!" Mei was ecstatic to see me although her sadness from her encounter with her sister hadn't faded. I'd met her in the nurse's office being cradled by Del. She'd rushed to me near tears attacking me with a barrage of questions.

"I'm so sorry you got in trouble because of me. What's your punishment? Detention? A suspension? Don't let it be expulsion!"

I pulled her off gently." I'm okay. The principal let your sister and I off with a warning. So far I'm going no where. "

Mei looked at me, eyes filled with tears" I'm so sorry!" And she couldn't stop crying now. I simply wiped her tears. It was hard to see her cry.

"Well that's a relief. I'm glad you got out of this safe." Said Del. Then she muttered to herself and I could only pick out Vince's name. I hadn't even come across the annoyance In a month now. While that made me happy, I didn't like that I still hadn't gotten my necklace.

"Well take care you two. Classes to attend." Said Del as she left us both.

***

Noa hadn't said a word to me the whole day. It seemed like I didn't exist to him. It wasn't enough that he walked out on me like I was carrying a disease and after trying to kiss me at that, now he was ignoring me entirely! What was going on?

As soon as the bell rang, I ran up to him and pulled him by the arm. He'd spent the past week in my company while Mei was away so it made sense he didn't sit with us at the cafe this time, but everything else was just off.

"Take me home today, please." I asked

"I'm sorry. Too busy." He didn't even bat an eyelash.

The drama queen in me was about to be awoken if he didn't quit the bull crap. "Noa, please. My driver can't make it today. I don't want to take public transport! I'm already used to being carried by you. Oh pleeeeaase!"

Noa had been taking strides the whole time I was pulling on his sleeve. Knowing his patience was short I knew I had a chance. He sighed and stopped.

"Fine. You won't let it go anyways."

I didn't even try to hide my excitement at having won the short banter. I smiled the whole way practically skipping as he pulled me along.

The inside of his car felt like home now. I'd only been in here a few days ago and the memory was still fresh.

"How's your arm?"

"Good." Came his short reply.

He said not much else the rest of the trip. I spent it thinking about how to broach the topic of importance on my mind. So while he parked in front of my house, I was consciously tugging at the straps of my bag. He'd noticed. I wasn't ready to get out yet.

"If you want to say something then feel free to " that wasn't necessarily the best of tones.

"Noa... I... I have to tell you this. It's... It's because I need to. I like you Noa. Like, a lot. "

I could hear it, almost faint but still slightly audible. A low growl emanating from his throat. I didn't know if that was a good sign... Didn't stop my insides from churning even more.

"I was hoping you felt the same."

"Erica, I don't want to talk about this..."

"But we'd have to, eventually. Sooner is better than later."

I didn't know him as one to dodge topics however this hadn't been the first time. Like that walk the other night...

"We can't..." His voice had reduced to a sad volume. "I can't..."