Chapter 28

I was surprised that Yasmin texted me to talk. I shouldn't have been but I was. She wanted to talk, if I were to guess more about how the bond works. We talked about it briefly at dinner last night but I don't think she was ready to hear it.

I figure she wants to meet somewhere like we did before. So to my surprise she asked me to come over to her place. This makes me incredibly happy for some reason.

It didn't take me long to get to her place from mine. Go figure. She answers the door and leads me through the living room to the kitchen/dining room area. I can tell she is still having trouble accepting the facts. I can feel it through the bond and see it on her face.

We sat across from each other at the table when I noticed what she was wearing. It's an old pair of faded gray sweats and an old football jersey from a local college I am going to assume. What the hell? Who is the motherfucker that would try? I think to myself automatically. I never imagined she would have a boyfriend or husband. I took the fact she didn't for granted. Fuck! Why is it such a big damn deal if she does? Time to put that to the back burner and deal with it later. I straighten my face. I guess she didn't notice my sourpuss face, or if she did she didn't say anything about it.

The awkward silence continues to grow but I refuse to be the first one to speak. She needs to do this on her own on her own time. I guess she finally decided to do it because she jumped right into it.

"I don't know how to deal with having a dragon. I don't know if having a dragon changes the way I live or do things. I don't know how to take care of a dragon that lives inside of my head."

"It's simple, you take care of her by taking care of you. You let her shift and train." Nobody taught this girl anything. How fucking horrible and how could they not? I scream out in my head.

"I don't know how to shift or train as a dragon."

You let Hopeli take over. She comes to the front of your mind and you give her permission and you shift. Once you shift she trains. You are always aware of what's going on so you can take control at any time."

"Joseph, I don't know how to do this. I don't think I'm supposed to have a dragon. Maybe my mother was right about me all along." I can feel her fear through the bond and see it on her face. I just want to protect her. Whatever bond this is it's stronger and something more than just the guardian bond.

"You are worthy to have a dragon. Your mother is a worthless piece of shit that doesn't know what it means to be a mother." I seethe out seeing red at the thought she thinks her mothers opinions of her are truthful. I go to say something else when I see her smile. I look at her confused.

"At least I can understand both of you."

I smile at her and hers gets bigger.