Chapter 25

It's later in the afternoon and I am just lounging around on my couch no really doing anything or thinking too much when my phone pings at me.

Joseph: Can we talk?

Me: Sure. About what?

Joseph: Not over the phone, how about an early dinner?

Me: I guess that works.

We are at a little café that is close to my apartment. I didn't really feel like getting to dressed up for anything fancy and this is a little ma and pa shop so I can just wear my jeans and a huge hoodie and nobody will look at me like I'm so weirdo.

"I don't understand anything about what is happening. Hopeli didn't explain the details. So give me the details."

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything."

"I don't know the science or the magic on how the bond works."

"I wasn't meaning that part of it."

"I know. If you would have let me finish my sentence woman." He picks on me. I smile starting to not be so nervous.

"I can sense you. I can sense when you are scared and in danger."

"How do you know if I am in danger?"

"I'm not sure it's a different sensation so to speak. There is more than just fear. I can sense the danger and I can follow my connection back to you which leads me to be able to find you."

"So let's say I am being harassed by a group of thugs would know it and come save me?" His facial expression was comical to that question.

"Yes." he said though it was hesitant like he was expecting an explanation. No not yet I think I will let you stew over that one. I laughed inside my head.

That's not very nice. Hopeli said.

Oh come on his facial expression is so worth it.

Okay you maybe right about that.

See I told you.

Heopeli laughs and I snort watching a dragon living in my head laugh. Joseph looks at me rather odd like and to be safe I decide to switch topics.

We talk about some of our hobbies and movies and music we like. Just the normal getting to know you stuff. I told him what I do for a living and he shook his head and said, "make sense." This time it was me who looked at him funny for a minute.

He's looking at me strangely as we continue to talk. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"How is it you didn't know you had a dragon?"

"I don't know.I never thought I would have one. I was told I would never have one so I didn't dream that I would."

"Your mother should have prepared you for the just in case scenario."

"My mother didn't have much to do with me." I say my voice dropping as I thought about the way my mother treated me over the years.

"Yasmin." Joseph starts but I cut him off.

"Joseph, don't. I don't want or need your pity." I said but without the usual sass I'm just tired.

We talk for a little while longer then we go our separate ways.

Back at home I am settle down in my sleeping clothes for the night. And my phone pings. I looked at it and laughed. "When did I become so popular?" Heopeli just giggled. Dragons can giggle? I wondered to myself.

Yes we can.

I noticed.

Answer your phone.

"Bossy." I muttered but I answered my phone.

Liam: Sorry it's late, but I just wanted to check on you and see how you were doing.

Me: It's okay. Thank you, it's good to know you care. I'm fine I think. I had dinner with Joseph tonight to try and figure out how this works.

Liam: He didn't do anything or say anything to you did he?

Me: Liam don't.

Liam: I'm sorry, it's a natural reaction.

Me: I know, but..

Liam: I know. I'm trying.

Me: I know thank you.

Liam: I am going to let you go. Sleep well Princess.

Me: Goodnight.

"Why does that one word do some crazy things to my body and libido?" I mutter. "No, Hopeli don't answer. I know the reason." I said.

Yasmin I know you have had a very intense few days but I'm glad I'm here with you and we will get through this.

I know Hopeli. Thank you.

Well I have some answers, more questions and a very healthy dose of anger and resentment for Yamin's mother. What a fucking worthless piece of shit.

I explained the scientific or magic workings of how the bond works to her and she seemed to take it well/ I did leave the part our about my exasperated need to be close to her. I don't understand why I am feeling this way but I am. I won't tell her anything about it until I have an explanation for it.

We are in the process of getting to know each other. I found out she is a vet tech and with her sweet and caring nature I can see it. It also makes a lot of sense with her healing magic. I was calm and everything felt like it was falling into place as long as I was near her.

I don't understand this feeling. It wasn't this way with Aleena. The only thing I had with Aleena was the guardian bond. This bond with Yasmin is something different. It's something more.

I need to figure out what the extra part of this bond is so I can be a better guardian to Yasmin and be aware of dangers around her instead of being obsessed with her and eyes on her instead of where they should be.

The more I stew on this the more and more I feel. Things I normally don't feel. I feel confusion, frustration, anger, sadness and despair. This has to be from Yasmin. I want to be there with her to help her deal with all of this but she is not ready for that yet.

"I really need to figure out if there is a way to close this."I mumble.