Chapter 8

I am sitting in class trying to listen to the professor's lecture and all my mind is wanting to focus on is Liam. I mean the man is good looking but there is no way that he should be taking up this much space in my head. And yet here he is taking up space in my head. I feel this unusual pull towards him that I can't seem to ignore, and from his actions I am going to take a wild guess and say the attraction is mutual. "Maybe I just need to sleep with him so that I can get him out of my system once and for all." I think. Unfortunately I don't think it would help, I have the strangest feeling that would only make things worse.

The professor finally let class out. "I will be so glad when all of this is over with." I hear a couple of students saying as they walk past me. "You and me both." I say quietly. I have a short shift today at work so I have a few hours to kill before I have to go in. I text Tyler asking if he wants to meet for lunch. I get back a simple "yep." Then another ping and he sends me details on where and when he wants to meet.

We are sitting in a booth at this little mom and pop type diner.

"How were you able to get away from mom?"

"Because I'm me." He answers with a smirk. I just snorted my reply. He gives me that good ole boy smile. "So what's this deal with this Liam guy?" He asks, watching me closely.

So I tell him the story about me and the girls walking to the park, meeting him and his little flirtations and then walking back to the housing district and flipping him over my shoulder. Tyler laughed hard at hearing that.

"Dad must have been so proud."

"He was, but you know how dad is." I say and shrug off the compliment.

"Mom never liked me being taught how to fight but it helps burn off the nervous energy." I say as an afterthought. Tyler looks at me with concern shining bright in his cerulean blue eyes.

"Still?"

I shrug a shoulder and blow it off like normal.

"Okay so you made a bad ass first impression, but that doesn't explain why he can't keep his eyes off you." Tyler says getting more serious as he finishes his sentence.

I don't answer him, mainly because I don't know how to answer him.

"Yasmin?" He prods.

I finally met his eyes and saw the calm that I wish I possessed. He must have seen the storm raging in mine because his tone went from protective big brother to concerned in a matter of a heartbeat.

"What is it?" He asks. For the first time in my life I was worried about telling my brother something. Tyler was always the first person I ran to when I had anything going on in my life. "Yasmin." He urges me once again.

"Promise you won't laugh or lock me away." I say my voice quite.

"Promise." He says with the uttermost seriousness. If I wasn't worried about my sanity I might have told him to lighten up some.

"For the last week or so I have been having this feeling that I am being called to someplace to someone." I say at the end of a long winded sentence. I watch as Tyler does the math in his head.

"Since your birthday?" He asks. "Have you told mom or dad?"

"No!" I answer a little too quickly and loudly.

"Of course you haven't." He mumbles.

"This feeling is incredibly strong and it is only getting stronger. It never really goes away. I can ignore it most of the time, thankfully." I say.

"Do you think it has anything to do with the Dragon Awakening ceremony?" Tyler asked.

"Why would it, I am not getting a dragon?" I say getting even more confused.