Chapter 9

Today is my short day at the office and for being a short day it was rather busy. Which is good. It didn't give me any time to think about mine and Tyler conversation and about Liam. It was busy enough that I didn't have time to check my phone for any texts, missed calls, or messages until I got off work, which was mid-afternoon.

I sit in my car and breathe for what feels like the first time since clocking in this morning. I checked my phone and noticed a missed call and a voicemail. I checked the missed call from my mother. "Well, this should be interesting." I whisper. I was expecting her to bitch me out about something or the other. Instead, it was about a feast the clan is hosting and all the details on it. So that means I am going to have to show up to this thing as well. This could be a good and a bad thing. On the one hand I will get to see Tyler and my friends, and maybe Liam. I think to myself regardless if I want to admit it or not I am looking forward to seeing him again. "But that means dealing with my mother once again." I mutter. "Tyler and the girls are worth it." I say into my empty car.

Since the feast isn't until this evening, I have time to go home, take a shower and get dressed. As far as I know my mother didn't put any dress code on this so I can wear whatever I want. I take a shower. One of those showers where you exfoliate, shave and moisturize. Coming out of the bathroom with one towel wrapped up on my head drying my hair, and one towel wrapped around my body. I skim my closet to find something that would be appropriate for a feast and still be practical. I mean it's getting towards the end of spring and onto summer. Translation it's starting to get fucking hot outside. I found the sundress I bought on my last shopping trip. It's a pale yellow with thin spaghetti straps, with the biggest and most absolutely adorable sunflowers all over it.

I slip the dress on and be ever so careful to not mess with the towel on my head. I go back to the bathroom and brush out my hair and curl it into loose curls, but with just enough of a bounce. I look at my reflection for what seems like an eternity just trying to decide if I want to wear make-up or not. I decided not to since it is starting to get so hot outside that it will most likely just melt off of me anyways.

Knowing my mother, I tried to make it in time to help set everything up so it didn't cause a fight between us, and the fact is, she is my mom and I wanted to help her. Thankfully I got there just as she was getting ready to start the planning. She already has the catering taken care of. It should be arriving here soon. I sit down at the table beside her and help her finish planning out the rest of the feast.

After a while I notice Tyler isn't here. "Mom, where is Tyler?" I was a little bummed.

"He is out with your father and Liam setting everything up outside and making sure security is tight." She said offhand, but hearing Liam's name made my heart race a little. Then through my haze of a brain I realize what my mother said about security.

"Why does security need to be so tight?" I ask.

"The other clan elders and the ones to receive their dragons will be joining us for this feast." Her mother explained as if she should have already known that.

I was too busy helping my mother organize this event so I really didn't have time to think about the fact that there is going to be a whole bunch of strangers here rather shortly. After a few hours my mother tells me it's time to go. I look around to see if there is anything that I need to grab. There isn't so I follow my mother outside.

I follow her till we get to the ceremony arena. There is a roaring bonfire going in the middle. There are several picnic tables set up with food in a semi-circle shape around the whole arena. I take in everything and its beauty and comradery. I do miss living and being a part of the clan life sometimes.

I look around trying to find the girls. I wanted to check on Mae and make sure she is doing alright. I notice Tyler leaning against a pillar flirting with one of the young women that came to celebrate the feast with us. I laugh. Typical Tyler. I think.