Chapter 22

I woke up earlier than I had to for the ceremony. Since I sleep in just my boxer-briefs I find my pair of gray sweats and put them on. I walk up and down the hallways a little nervous and unsettled. I shouldn't have been as unsettled as I am but here, we are.

It has to be from her that is the only reason. "Fucking bond." I grumbled. Also, what kind of mother does that to her own daughter? What a piece of shit. She took it like a champ. Which is surprising. I guess I will find out how and why later.

I was headed towards the dining halls when I changed my mind, I am going to wait for Yasmin to get up and ready for something to eat so she isn't wondering alone, and I just wanted to be around her.

I just happened to glance down and realized I should probably get dressed so I headed to my room to get dressed. I mean I know about the bond we as a guardian and their ward, but there feels like something else entirely different underneath the guardian bond. Especially considering the fact we haven't had the Ordind ceremony yet.

I was deeply lost in my thoughts because if I wasn't I would have realized that I was getting gawked at.

                                       ...

                                  Yasmin

I don't really know what's going on anymore. I have a dragon, I have a guardian, and my mother banished me from my clan, from my family and friends because she doesn't think me and my dragon are worthy enough to be in our clan.

There is a slight knock on the door. "Come in."

Mae came through the door looking beautiful as always.

"How are you?"

"I don't know."

"The girls are wanting to talk to you."

"I can tell I hear your phone blowing up." I said with a laugh.

She just smiles at me.

There is another knock on the door and then a sevent sticks their head in "one hour till the Ordind ceremony ma'am."

"Wait, I don't have anything to wear." I sort of shrieked.

"In the closet ma'am." He said and left with that.

Mae smiles at the cute outfit that is in the closet.

"I am going to go so you can get ready for this thing."

"Thank you, Mae."

"Don't thank me. It's what we do." She said as she left.

It was only a few minutes later and Tyler came in.

"Are you sure you are okay?"

"Tyler I am fine."

"I have to finish getting ready as well. I had to see if you were truly okay."

He leaves the room and goes on to finish getting ready.

I am alone in this gigantic room again. I have the outfit laying on the bed. This must not be a formal ceremony. Instead of some ball gown dress, there I have a pair of jeans and the cutest top. It's black with frills on the bottom. It shows a little bit of cleavage but nothing major. It is a button type shirt. I get dressed for this thing.

Maybe Tyler, oh better yet Liam, can escort me to the arena area so we can get this over with. Instead, when I opened the door it was the same sevent that came in early. As we made our way to the arena area his calm demeanor settled my nerves somewhat.

Once I am in the arena area my mother doesn't acknowledge me. It hurts but it doesn't hurt. Tyler must have already had his Ordind ceremony because I saw him and Kit standing off to the side with the rest of our, I mean their clan.