Chapter 19

The room finally quieted down. I am still standing in the same place. I looked around stunned. My mother banished me, and she did it in front of everyone here! Oh and let's not forget to mention I have a dragon. And due to having a dragon I now have a guardian. I couldn't help it, I looked beside me at Joseph. He looked calm on the outside but he was radiating pisssed off vibes.

Of course he is silly. He doesn't like what happened to us. A voice spoke to me.

Hopeli?

The one and only. Don't worry Yasmin, it will work out in the end because we have each other. For now lean on Joseph.

With that bit of advice she went back, to wherever it is she goes. I inadvertently leaned into Joseph without even realizing it. He stepped the inch or two that was left between us. He is close enough I can feel the body heat coming off of him but he isn't fully touching me. Which I am thankful for.

When Joseph stepped closer to me I swore I heard a rumble. I looked at Tyler but he wasn't there. Oh god I hope he doesn't try to go fight with our mother. I try to take a step and a warm hand grabs my wrist. Not enough to hurt me just enough to stop me from moving. The rumble happened again. What in the hell is happening? I heard a chuckle from behind me. That must have come from Joseph.

"Not just yet,"Joseph said. I just nod and wait for I don't know what I am waiting for.

I look at the Enolch and then back at Joseph then at Liam. Once Liam sees me he gives me a reassured smile. I try to smile back at him but it wobbles. I watch him try to take a step towards me, and for once I want his overbearing nature to come and help me. But one of his guards stops him. He turned his head so sharp I was afraid he would break it. The guard says something that I can't hear and Liam stands back in place fuming.

I felt a nudge on my wrist with the hand that still held it. I look at Joseph and he smiles a soft smile at me. It helps ease my nerves just a little.

The Enolch was also smiling at me. "You have been through quite an ordeal this evening. Yet there is more to come. You and Joseph will be going through the Ordind Ceremony."

"What's that?"

"It is the bonding ceremony for a guardian and their ward."

"Oh." I look back at Joseph and feel scared, lost and overwhelmed. I feel like pleading with him but I don't know for what. I see the sympathy in his eyes, and he reaches his hand out a couple of time just to bring it back to his side.

"Joseph, show her to an empty room that is near yours." He just nods.

"Wait, what about my bag?"

"I will have it brought to your new room."The Enolch said.

I hear that rumbling again as I walked off with Joseph.

                                                            .....

                                                       Joseph

I watch as Yasmin takes center stage. I'm watching her fidget as she calls her healing magic and the browns, greens, purples and other colors join it. I heard the rumblings of the crowd. If she has a dragon why hasn't called it out by now? I wonder.

"She doesn't know." I heard the quiet voice of one of the Enolchs. How does she not know? I thought to myself.

The Enolch called her dragon out. She is stunning. The blue eyes are so light they are almost white, in contrast with her dark coloring with browns, greens and reds that shimmered.