26 Ruin

Nothing is ethical or mellow by the way he held me

Nothing is ethical or mellow by the way he held me. His arms are manacles wrapping around tighter with each beat of silence that lengthened between us. I refuse to respond even when hot waves of anger roll off him and burns in me through our bond. Though it's useless to display a pretense of rebellion when he must be humoring his ego as he must feel my insides churn with panic.

"Tell me Iris. Does defying me pleases you into a delusion where you begin to believe that you can escape me?" If sin had a sound, it would be his voice. I feel his disapproval seep into my bones as he flips me- caging me by the nearest trunk and lowered his face to mine. It had been a week since I last saw him, and yet I swallowed hard at the darkened emptiness in his eyes and the pink flush of fatigue rimming them. His hair hangs low, unkept but still perfect on him. But other than his appearance, nothing sits right on his features.

He looks like a death-done beautiful.

"Speak Iris, say something before I end up doing something we both aren't prepared for" he lifts my chin with a finger, his gaze falls to my lips which won't dare move. Slowly he looks into my eyes with a glistening emotion. As if he feels alive and resurrected in the moment. As if what he was seeing was what made it happen. So when a shudder of carnal need warms my body, I gasp aloud. My eyes widened and I finally spoke.

"What are you doing?" I whimpered, my head fell back and my eyes closed- unable to take the heat as Ezdan let go of my chin, undoing the pin that hooked my cloak he revealed the strip of my bare neck and brought the back of his hand to caress my throat.

"Sending my thoughts to you," he says, his own voice thick and dark with desire, he covers my frame with his, pressing me further into the rough edges of the tree and him "something I should have done long ago so you wouldn't have forgotten the truth of to who you belong"

My short breaths smoke in the chilled night. A visible display of how vulnerable I felt now that I would willingly fall to my knees if he asked. I would gut and slaughter his demons if it ever came to protecting him. I would chain myself to him if he dared even think of leaving me, i would set this world on fire and watch it ruin down to ashes if it meant finding my way to him.

These sentiments terrified me because none of them were mine.

But his for me.

My mind and heart innocently retaliated through a perspective that made me realize that he was reflecting himself in me. I stood there like a stunned sculpture, unmoving and horrified while he used me like a mirror to exhibit his tendencies. A clear narration of what he feels for me. It felt like hours but also minutes when he allowed my shackled senses to grow back and his to detangle from me. He is still caressing my cheek and combing my hair with his fingers to calm me, as if he is aware of what a little piece of his darkness could do to a person.

Like he knows precisely of what he had done to me.

I crumble in his arms, knees weak and heart thrumming. flame of black ink dances behind him. I shove him away as his unique core slashes around him like bands of ribbon maliciously, they were the same ones from my dream. Despite the raging darkness surrounding him, Ezdan's face remained calm.