3 Viridity

It hurts to breath

It hurts to breath. To speak. To look. To hear.

Dousing in and out of slumber i groan every once in a while when i heed a man speak. His grainy, needlessly angry declaims reverberates my sleep. I didn't ask to be so ruthlessly disturbed, this was a torture.

"He is my son, orphan or not. I foster these kids"

That's imminently good for him, but why he seem to be alleging it so close to me- in a vicinity near my ear was a mystery.

"We understand sir, but we need to wake him so that we could see to his injuries"

I groan again, if only I could swing my fist and mock them up. If only I could make them submit in silence like the dragon that-

Then it crashes upon me. Block by block, bit by bit until I was buried under a mountain of rubble from which I had no means to get out of. It was too dark to even see where on the phase I stood.

It was hazy as I opened my eyes, my breaths coming out short - I lean to my right on what seemed to be a neat, smooth bed and clutched my other side with a hissing wonder of simply how broken it was. When my vision gets legible enough, I crane my neck to discover two guards stationed at the door and one, an older one next to the bed.

But briefest to me was Caelum, staring at me with diligence, the kind a beggar would give to a pot of gold.

"Dorin" I whisper, feeling the layer of dried blood on my lips, blinking in fatigue- thanking the lords for the dimness in the room as it soothes an ache in my head.

"Your brother happens to be fine little Timo" from the corner I saw the subtle flare of Caelums nostril, he had his back turned to the officers and with such advantage, the lines on his face dared me to deny.

And hence, Dorin became my beloved bother this night.

"Where is he thoug-" my sentence jumbled into a fit of cough. Caelum supported my shoulder and offered me a glass of water, when he bring it to my lips- I glare at him.

His demeanour barely melted as he hugged me, my nose got buried in his chest.

"I can't be more grateful to the lord for sparing my children's life. I love you all so much- you do happen to know that's true don't you?" His words are vibrating lies as I wiggle through the embrace and sniffed, my eyes traitorously tears at the strong fragrance on his clothes.

He glares again and I strike a nod. To anyone in witness, it might appear that I was overwhelmed by the love being drizzled upon me, but someone needs to unearth Caelums cologne and bury them by a mile.

"Officer" Caelum addressed, I hear a shuffle as the man in question diverted his attention from surveying the display of affection, with an eye so tight - he looked like a wounded vulture "If it's in your authority, please let me have a moment with my son- you can help him as soon as I make him aware of the situation"