dangerous woman

So Mun is a protector by nature.

But he also knew how to respect boundaries.

So, when he found out Hana asked Jeok-bong to take her to the club, he wasn't hurt.

He knew Hana and him were going through something. He was happy she was taking the time to find fun in these hellish times.

But he also knew that he was going to follow them. Just to make sure they were safe.

He had gotten better at tailing people, almost to the point that he was unnoticeable.

The exception to that rule was usually Hana, but she seemed distracted today. Almost empty, another sign he made the right decision following her.

As he saw them enter the club, he diligently followed them.

It seemed like Hana was troubled by something because he saw her down four drinks in quick succession.

Before he could rush to her side and warn her against overdrinking, Jeok-bong stopped her from drinking anymore with a shake of his head.

That was when he saw Hana walking into the crowd of bodies.

He quickly moved from his hiding place at the bar to follow after her.

Jeok-bong must have had the same idea because he walked into the crowd as well.

Suddenly Jeok-bong stopped in shock, Mun came to the opposite side of the crowd and turned his gaze to where he last saw Hana.

There was a guy, one who had a tall, somewhat lanky frame.

He had his hands wrapped around Hana's waist and a look of fond recognition.

Before he could go to Hana's side, he saw the small polite smile plastered on her face.

She knew him too.

It took him back to Do-Hwi, how she reconnected with him, how she brought him around, all of those moments came flooding back to his head.

He felt himself tense up again.

Everyone knew he had a crush on Do Hana from their first interaction. He was incredibly smitten, to the point it was embarrassing.

But he had grown. He knew Hana would never see him as anything more and he needed to focus on more important things, like protecting his family.

But it was as if his heart had shattered when Do-Hwi had come into the picture.

Almost like he realized that Do Hana didn't like him not because she didn't want a relationship, but because she didn't want him.

So, he let go, of his feelings, of her.

He took care of her when she erased Do-Hwi's memories.

He made sure that no matter what she would always be cared for.

But, seeing this man with his hands wrapped around her waist, felt like a stab in his chest.

Especially after whatever had been happening with them recently.

So Mun doesn't get jealous, because he knows she deserves love wherever she can get it.

But this, this was the closest he felt to it.

As he watched them dance, he could feel himself falling apart.

He wished he could get angry or be upset with her.

But he couldn't. Not when she was finally finding something to distract her from the evil spirits, their fight, and most importantly him.

He decided he would forget anything had happened between them. For her.