burn

Do Hana had been keeping a secret from the others.

So yes, maybe she was a hypocrite for getting mad at So Mun.

A couple of nights ago she had felt movement within the territory, but before she could run to wake up the others, the evil spirit talked to her.

In surprise, she decided to hear what she had to say before she woke the others up.

"Come meet me here in 20 minutes. Make sure to come alone." The spirit said.

Do Hana wasn't stupid, but she somehow knew that the spirit wasn't planning on attacking her.

Besides if everything fell apart, it was only a level two spirit. She could easily summon her without any problems.

So, as silently as she could, she left the warehouse to go find the evil spirit.

When she reached the destination, she found the evil spirit resting on a park bench. The spirit seemed weirdly at ease, as if she hadn't a care in the world.

Hana tensed up and slowly approached the evil spirit, hyper aware to make sure she wasn't caught by surprise.

Unlike other evil spirits, this one had calming eyes and an almost motherly appearance.

"Do Hana, I presume?" The spirit asked.

"Yes, what do you want from me?" Hana replied.

"I'm not here to hurt you, I'm just the messenger." The spirit said.

Do Hana brought herself closer to the spirit.

"What do you want?" She asked again.

"I'm not here to get something from you. I'm here to warn you. Your cursed fate will lead to the death of those you hold near." The spirit exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" Hana paused.

With a sharp switch, the spirit smirked. Gone was the facade of a motherly instinct, instead she was met with an evil gaze.

She would have fallen for her motherly facade long ago, but now she had become too anxious, too concerned.

"Haven't you lost your family once already?" The spirit exclaimed.

Hana's anger came, but before she could land a hit, the spirit stopped her with her words.

"Don't you think your new family has gotten a little too close to you? That boy especially seems far too close to you. What was his name again? So Mun, right?" The spirit responded with glee.

Hana's pent-up anger burst at the mention of So Mun's name.

She gave the evil spirit a solid punch to the face, causing the spirit to spit out the blood from her mouth.

But all the spirit did was laugh.

"Ahh this is just proof enough that what I'm saying is true. He's been keeping secrets from you, hasn't he? But once he tells you, I'm sure you'll come after me searching for answers." The spirit cackled once again.

Do Hana couldn't help the curiosity that lit up her gaze.

"When you find out, come find me here. I'll be waiting." The spirit smiled before vanishing into the shadows without a trace.

In shock, Hana looked around trying to find her again.

She went home that night scared for what she would eventually find out.

~~~~~~

Do Hana was furiously pacing her room.

Should she go visit the spirit again? Should she wait and tell her Counters?