the grudge

So Mun was running through the bustling crowds and the lively honks and noises of New York City.

He needed to get there in time.

He couldn't let more people get hurt when he could have stopped it.

It had been over 5 months since So Mun had started his trip across the world to help Counters.

The United States was the second to last stop on his trip, with Germany being his last.

He was in contact with Chairman Choi, trying to find out where Wigen's daughter was located so he could help them reunite.

But he was most excited about finally being able to go home to see his family.

He missed Ms. Chu's worrying gaze and her wonderful noodles.

He missed Ahjussi's stern resilience and his encouraging advice.

He missed Hyung's goofy nature and their weekly movie nights.

He missed his grandparents and his friends, the people who stood by him from the beginning.

But, not surprisingly, he missed his Noona the most.

He missed her brutal honesty, their training times, her liveliness.

He couldn't wait to go back to see them.

But first, he needed to save his new friends in New York City.

He made it to the abandoned apartment complex that Mr. Morris, the leader of the New York team, told him to go.

Rizeh, Bolton, Ms. Smith, three of the team's members, were fighting off a level three spirit, on the brink of becoming a complete evil spirit, and were badly injured.

So Mun rushed up to the fourth floor and was shocked at what he saw.

Rizeh was leaning against the wall of the building with blood dripping down her face. Ms. Smith was next to her, trying to stop her from bleeding out, with cuts all across her body.

Bolton had never looked as furious as he did in that moment as he was choking the evil spirit. It seemed as if they held out on their own.

So Mun rushed to Bolton to stop him from killing the evil spirit. He pulled Bolton back from behind and told him to calm down.

"It's ok, Bolton. Ms. Smith and Rizeh are both alright. You should take them back, while I summon the evil spirit." So Mun said gently.

Bolton still looked angry, but he knew if So Mun hadn't stopped him he would have killed the evil spirit.

Bolton helped Rizeh and Ms. Smith leave the apartment building with a final nod in So Mun's direction.

So Mun turned to find the evil spirit with a knife at their throat.

"Don't take another step, I will kill myself and find another host." The evil spirit's voice said.

Before the evil spirit could do anything else, So Mun stretched out his hand and started summoning the evil spirit.

A bright, white light encompassed the entire building. As the summoning of the evil spirit was happening, So Mun fell to his knees in exhaustion.

However, to his horror, he found out that the evil spirit was successful in cutting the neck of the host's body.

He quickly got up and saw that the host was dead, and the victims were slowly leaving the body.