born to die

Do Hana woke up with a splitting headache.

She found herself in a building that looked old and worn out. The room was almost completely dark with open windows allowing the streetlights to bring in a faint light.

She found Jeok-bong lying a couple of feet to the left of her with metal handcuffs on his hands and legs. She looked down to find matching handcuffs before she scanned the room again.

She needed to find a way out of here.

She suspected that Jeok-bong might have been kidnapped, so before she looked for him, she shared her location with her fellow Counters and texted So Mun to come quickly.

She knew that she must have dropped her phone, or had it taken from her because she couldn't feel it in her pocket anymore.

She prayed that the Counters got her message before she fell unconscious.

Suddenly, the door to the room slammed open and she found Young-Il walking in with dried blood on her face.

Hana couldn't help but smirk at the damage she had done to her face.

She brought both Hana and Jeok-bong some water.

As she walked up to Hana, she poured the water into her mouth. Hana took the opportunity to spit the water out directly on Young-Il's face.

Young-Il wiped the water off her face and finally looked angry. Before she could slap Hana, Myung-Dae walked in.

"There, there, we wouldn't want to damage her face so quickly before So Mun gets here." Myung-Dae exclaimed.

"What do you want with Mun's powers?" Hana asked fiercely.

Myung-Dae smiled, "I lost someone very important to me. I want to bring her back to life."

"We all want to bring people we care about back, but it goes against nature. Why do you think Mun hasn't brought back his parents?" She asked.

"For someone so selfish, he sure does have a heroic selflessness to him." Myung-Dae responded.

"He's not selfish." Hana exclaimed.

"Hmm, are you sure about that? You don't think he would do anything to keep you two safe? Or any of your other Counters?" Myung-Dae replied with a smirk.

Hana thought back to what Mun said before. About how he would let the evil spirits win to protect them. To protect her.

Myung-Dae noticed the conflict in her eyes and chuckled.

"I'm right, aren't I?"

At that, Jeok-bong woke up to see Hana with a distressed look on her face.

"What do you want from us?" Jeok-bong asked firmly.

"Nothing from you both. But I need So Mun's power and I'm willing to hurt you both to get it. I would prefer not to, but it seems as if So Mun is too stubborn to give in." Myung-Dae explained to them.

All Hana could do was laugh at that.

"Oh boy, I don't know who you both think you are or what you think we've faced before, but you were never going to win. Maybe Mun is selfish, but he's also incredibly strong. You would need to raise hell before we would ever let you win." Hana said.

Myung-Dae's eyes flashed with anger before he walked up to her.

"Where is he, by the way?" He asked.

"I wouldn't know. You took Jeok-bong and I to some random building and I can't contact him." She lied.