fire on fire

So Mun woke up the next morning with a sharp pain to his side.

Right, he was stabbed last night by an evil spirit, he remembered.

But, instead of the terrifying thoughts that occupied his head at the words the evil spirit spoke, all he could think about was Hana.

His heart nearly stopped as he saw her lose consciousness and fall towards the ground. When she finally woke up, the expression she gave him broke him.

Instead of her normally heated gaze, her eyes showed fear, anguish, and concern. He hadn't seen that expression on her face in years, not since the first time he found out about Hana's family.

After she forced his hands off of her waist and briskly walked to her room, Mun tried to follow her.

He would always go after her.

But he was met with a slammed door that she eventually locked. Of course, he could always open it with his telekinesis, but he knows when his Noona needs alone time.

So, he gave it to her.

As So Mun got out of bed, he went to the bathroom to redo his bandages. But, before he could, Ms. Chu came into his bedroom with concern in her eyes.

"Ahh So Mun, you're finally awake. Come here let me heal your wound for you." Ms. Chu said as she sat down on his bed.

"It's alright, Ms. Chu. I'm all good, no need to heal me." He said softly.

"Ya, get over here right now." Ms. Chu said, frustrated.

So Mun resigned in his argument, went to sit next to Ms. Chu.

As she healed his wound, Ms. Chu asked him what happened. So Mun recounted the same story he gave to Hana quietly.

"What happened with you both yesterday? Hana isn't talking to anyone and has been training all morning." Ms. Chu asked after he finished his story.

"I'm not entirely sure, Ms. Chu. She got upset and went to her room before I could figure out why she was upset."

That wasn't the whole story, obviously. Hana must have seen something in his memories that scared her.

He needed to distance himself from her.

Ever since he came back from his trip, he wanted to stop her from worrying about him, so he avoided her.

Now, he needed to avoid her to keep her safe.

He needed to keep them all safe, before he was forced to do something awful.

Ms. Chu looked up at him with skepticism in her gaze before she told him to come out to have breakfast.

So Mun decided to check on Hana before he ate. He walked out to the training area and saw Hana aggressively punching the bag with boxing gloves on.

Her hair was soaked in sweat, with a glare fixed on her face as she punched the bag, as if it had personally attacked her.

As So Mun walked up to her, he suddenly got slammed into the wall with the punching bag. Apparently, Hana had hit the bag with all her strength and the bag went flying right into him.

Thank God Ms. Chu had healed him, otherwise the knife wound on his side would have started profusely bleeding again.

Hana quickly took off her boxing gloves and looked at So Mun with a worried expression. "Oh my god! Are you alright, Mun?"

She must have realized the concern that bled into her tone, and suddenly turned silent. She came up to So Mun to inspect him for any wounds.

"I'm fine, Noona. But are you okay? You didn't tell me what you saw last night?" So Mun asked softly.

Hana remained quiet and took a couple of steps back once she realized So Mun was fine.

"I didn't see anything. I must just have been tired, and so I fainted. I'm fine now. You should go have breakfast." Hana said hurriedly.

Hana turned and quickly walked back into her room. This time, So Mun caught the door before she could close it. He followed her into her room and closed the door behind him.

"Don't lie to me, Noona. I know you saw my memories. So, what did you see that scared you so much?" He asked.

"I already told you! I didn't see anything. So, please leave it be!" Hana yelled angrily.

There it was. That undeniable heat that had come up every time Do Hana fought with So Mun.

So Mun angrily grabbed onto his hair and pulled on the strands, a newfound habit he gained during his arguments with Hana.

Hana started walking back to the door, in hopes of escaping this conversation and him.

Instead, So Mun walked towards her until she slowly hit her back on the wall next to her door.

He now stood right in front of her. She could feel the heat of his glare as his frustration with her lack of response grew.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me what you saw." He said with finality in his voice.

"Fine! I saw you and that wretched evil spirit, and I saw him whisper something in your ear. I didn't hear what he said but I felt your emotions in that moment. You were so devastated and angry. I hadn't seen you like that since you found out your parents were murdered by an evil spirit. But I suppose you're too stubborn to tell me what the hell he told you!" Hana stated.

So Mun's shoulders tensed as he heard her last remark. He can't tell her anything. She can't know. If she knew, she would find herself in a fight. One he knew she couldn't win.

Without even realizing, So Mun had put his hands on the wall, caging Hana between the wall and him.

She looked up at him and saw his eyes light up blue, a color she hadn't seen in a long time.

She was suddenly very aware of the position Mun and her were in. Their faces were even closer than they were last night. Without even realizing it, her eyes slowly drifted to look at his lips.

So Mun's breaths faltered as he realized where Hana was looking.

He was way too close to her. He couldn't do this. She hated him now. He needed to protect her from himself.

Before Hana could lean in any closer, Ms. Chu called out for So Mun saying his food was getting cold.

So Mun jerked back from Hana as if he touched fire. He looked at her once more, let out a sigh, and walked out of Hana's room.

A/N:

Thank you again for all the love and support of my last chapter! After finishing his chapter, I realized that I haven't introduced much plot. Is my pacing too slow? Let me know your thoughts and any recommendations!

Thank you again for reading, lovelies! <3