𝟏𝟕. 𝐌𝐢𝐧 𝐘/𝐍 & 𝐋𝐞𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐧-𝐡𝐨

Min Y/N

Moving out, we went towards the cake cutting area. Min-ho was waiting for me already with In-yeop by his side. I was suddenly nervous when I went towards him. Side hugging Min-ho by his waist, I grabbed his attention. He looked at me and gave me a wide smile.

"Come on, the others are waiting. Let's cut the cake." He held the knife with my hands beneath his as we both proceeded to cut the cake which was incredibly decorated with white and blue patches. With a quote on top.

Cheers and hooting could be heard, but the only thing I had on my mind, was mine and unnie's incomplete conversation. I would zone out frequently, but remembering unnie's words I tried staying conscious. It was late, we had our dinner and right now I was waiting for unnie to come, while Min-ho was indulged with his friends. I was standing near the staircase, as it was the only place which was safe and away from the chaos. Women VIP section was another option as well, but Min-ho would doubt if me and unnie again went there.

I was busy checking my phone for any messages from unnie or Lee, when I felt a push and all that I knew was my figure rolling down those steep stairs before I was consumed by darkness.

"Work done boss." Was the only thing I heard, maybe from the one who pushed me.

☯︎ ❆

Lee Min-Ho

"Y/N !" I was discussing about marketing shares with some other friends of mine, who were in this field, when I heard Yeji's scream. We dashed towards that direction, only to find Yeji near Y/N's body which was dipped in a pool of blood emerging from her head. In-yeop was busy dialling hospital's number. I ran down the stairs, skipping some of them and took Y/N on my lap.

"H-how ?" My voice was shaking and so was I.

"Someone pushed her and before I could reach she had already landed down the stairs." Yeji answered to my unfinished question.

"The ambulance would take time, there is a huge traffic." In-yeop voice seemed to blur our, the only thing I could focus on, was her bloody body in my arms. Without wasting a second more, I picked her up and paced towards the exit, where our car was already waiting for us.

"We don't have time. I'll take her to the hospital. Let's go." I signalled the driver while keeping Y/N's head on my lap. Her breathing was getting shallow by each passing second.

"You'll be fine love. I'm there for you. You can't leave me like this." I continued blabbering till we reached the hospital.

"BRING THE STRETCHER." I howled, as they the staff brought a stretcher for her, taking her towards the operation room while the doctors also joined.

"I love you Y/N. Please come back for me." I whispered placing a kiss on her forehead before letting them carry her towards the operation theatre. Yeji, In-yeop and Hyunjin soon appeared and sat down by my side.

My tears couldn't stop. Hyunjin continued comforting me, but nothing seemed to work right now. After two hours which felt like an eternity, the green sign was turned on indicating the success of the operation. Even though a part of me was relieved, I still needed to talk to Y/N to calm myself down. The doctors came out with a light smile.

"She is fine now. Only extra care is needed. Don't let her take any stress. We'll shift her to another ward now. You may meet her after sometime." Reporting me, he went away.

"Go and bring her a comfortable dress from your home Lee. She doesn't like the hospital gown and anyways after discharging, she would need a dress cause her red gown in soaked in her own blood." Yeji instructed me and all I did was a nod before leaving to get her necessities. Hyunjin stayed by my side till we reached home.

☯︎ ❆

Min Y/N

Opening my eyes, I looked around only to find myself alone in a VIP ward. Guess I got my memory back. I was now aware of everything, from the marriage to the accident, my memory loss, my head injury a few hours back, caused by any one of my rivals and whatever unnie wanted to tell me. I tried getting up, only to get dragged down by a shooting pain on my head.

"Y/Nieee. Are you okay ? Does it hurt a lot ? How do you feel ? Should I-" Yeji unnie entered the room and bombarded me with questions. I chuckled making her questions come to a halt.

"I'm okay unnie. Also I got my memory back. Now sit down here and please tell me what you intended to say at the party." I made her sit on one of the stools near my bed.

"But you're not well right now Y/Nah." She held my hands and whispered.

"I am. Please unnie, it's my marriage tomorrow. You need to tell me what I deserve to know." I tried convincing her with my doe eyes which always seemed to work on her.

"Alright then. After your accident we thought that Lee had really fallen in love with you and had accepted you whole heartedly. The way he cared for you was just something so unusual. So manipulating. But all my hopes came crashing down after hearing his yesterday's conversation with Hyunjin. Here you go." Unnie took our her handi-cam and resumed the recording.

" Y/N. You are marrying her for revenge hyung. How can you stay under the same roof before marriage, as if you both are a couple ? This is not how it was supposed to be."

"Come on, she has lost her memories."

"That doesn't justify your actions. What if she falls in love with you. Don't tell me you already gave up on your plan and have accepted the past. Don't tell me you have developed feelings for her."

"I-I don't like her. I can never like her. It's just, that I got to make her and her family believe that I love her. I would make sure to give her the same medicine as her brother provided my sister. I'll deceive her by loving her and leave stranded, all alone, with a broken heart. Take every share of her part and set a benchmark in the history of Lee Industries. No plan of mine ever goes waste Hyunjin. Don't worry, I'll do whatever needed, to repay the deeds her brother did. After all, they share the same blood."

And the video stopped. My heart was beating like drums, I bet even unnie could hear it. My mind blanked out. I closed my eyes to let those tears fall which I was holding during the whole recording. My hands clutched around the bed sheets so hard that my nails dug into my palms, some more pressure and my palms would bleed.

"W-why ? I thought he genuinely fell for me. I thought we could finally lead a life we had dreamt in our childhood. I thought we could finally accept each other and move on. Heck, I even accepted him. THEN WHY." I didn't realise but I was now crying in unnie's embrace.

"We'll handle it together. No. Don't cry babe." She continued cooing me till no more tears were left for me to waste.

:---------------------------------------------:

She knows
She knows
And I know she knows.

Heartbreak ?

Revenge ? or Love ?

Who do you guys think will win ?

Love
~Shanaya