-•- Lucy Gray catch up

I really loved Lucy in the the ballad of song birds and snakes book which I finished a month ago so in honour of the film coming out I thought I'd add her

>•> How you met
There's 2 ways I think you could meet Lucy.
1. Either you were in the covey and were her childhood friend to her lover when you were both older and had developed feelings for each other.
2. Or you were her mentor (like Coryo) and assisted her when winning the games and saved her life, leaving her in eternal gratitude to you. If this is the case I think her first thought about you would be;
'This is my mentor, huh? The only one who made the excursion out to see their tribute, I see a rebel in their eyes, someone willing to bend the rules to improve their reputation. I know I'm in good hands if they are near me.'

>•> How she acts with a crush
I imagine Lucy Gray herself being pretty nonchalant with a crush. She wouldn't act any differently and it'd probably make you both closer since she'd want to be with you as much as possible. But I can also see her telling the covey about you and them teasing her about it. Like they'd suddenly become especially friendly and smiley towards you than before, especially Maude Ivory, and it'd confuse you but you'd probably assume it's because of your friendship with Lucy that made you closer to them.

>•> Your trope
Forbidden love
No matter which way you think you met I can see you and Lucy having forbidden love. If you were both in the covey, it's simply because the covey is meant to be like a family and neither of you would want to break the family apart if you got together. If you were her mentor it's still the same, your a capitol child who is meant to be setting her up to get killed in the arena, whereas she is a defenceless 'district' child who is predicted to not survive the games. No matter what you pick your not meant to be together but you are anyway because your love for each other is too strong.

>•> How she asked you out
I think Lucy would ask you out with her by offering you some sort of gift, most likely a love song she'd play while looking at you in the crowd, or even just a bouquet of flowers. It's not because she is too nervous to ask you to your face it's just that she wants to have something to symbolise you both together, whether it is a tangible object you can cherish for years to come or a song she'd love the idea of it. When you agree to go with her she'd manage to hide her excitement but I'm sure backstage her and the covey were celebrating.