~• Chapter 3 •~

Hey y'all! This update is long and kinda boring. But I started on the next chapter so that'll be out soon! I have school tomorrow, too. :/

(Gilly's POV)

I was walking back home from the palace. Jax. That's a nice name. My smile widened.
I turned around the block and walked on my street, Boot Way. I stopped at my home, 5 Boot Way. Yes, I know I live in a boot.

I fished the keys out of my pocket and opened the door. Han and Hamish crashed into me as soon as I did. I stopped them before they could knock us all over.

"Hi Gilly!" My 9 year old brothers said. They were adorable, but very mischievous.

"Hey guys," I gave them a quick hug before taking my boots off. I ascended up the stairs and into Anna and Trixie's shared room.

"Hi Anna, hi Trix," I greet them. They look up and grin. Trix, my 11 year old sister crushes me in a hug.

"You've got to let her breathe, Trix," Anna playfully scolded, smiling. Trix let go of me and I tackled Anna, my 16 year old sister in an embrace. I quickly let go of her and we smiled sadly at each other. We used to be inseparable before this.. fight we had. We're still pretty close, but not as much as we were before our fight.

"So, how'd it go? Is the prince dreamy, like Anna says? Did you get the job?" Trix bombarded me with questions.

"Woah. Ok first off, I think it went well. I met the prince, who told me to call him Jax. And he was nice. Second, the prince is NOT dreamy. I don't know why you would think that, and Anna is seriously rubbing off on you. Third, I don't know yet. I'll know tomorrow." Trix looked disappointed that the prince wasn't dreamy and Anna reached for my hand. Our fingers intertwined together and she gave me a reassuring squeeze. It's not like I want to be a maid, but I don't want to see what happens to my younger siblings if I don't get the job.

(The next day)

I woke up tangled in my sheets, sweating and breathing hard. I had a horrible nightmare that we were kicked out of the house and we had starved.

I walked to the bathroom me and my siblings shared. I decided to brush my hair and tie it up in a low ponytail. I changed into a midnight blue t-shirt with black marble lines across it and black sweatpants.

I descended down the stairs into the kitchen, and decided I would make pancakes. I snatched the apron and hung it around my neck. I grabbed the ingredients and whisked it in a bowl. I slowly poured the batter onto a pan that I had placed on the stove top. Once I was done, I placed the pancakes on plates for my family. But Father usually left for work without food. So he had probably left. I heard footsteps and my head swiveled around to see who it is, Anna.

"Hey, could please set the table?" I asked her. She groggily nodded. And put forks on the table and napkins. She rubbed her eyes and they fluttered open as I set the plates on the table.

I had taken the apron off, but I went back into the kitchen to get a maple syrup bottle. The pancakes were small because we didn't have enough ingredients for a lot. And we didn't have enough money to buy those ingredients.

I walked back to the table to see that Anna had put her clothes on and was sitting at the table excitedly. I rolled my eyes and handed her the syrup to pour on her plate.

I quickly ran up the stairs to wake my younger siblings up.

I walked into Anna and Trix's shared room. I saw Trix sleeping soundlessly. I smiled. I nudged her a little and she stirred. But she pulled the blanket over herself more. I nudged her harder and her eyes fluttered. She blinked.

"Gilly? What are you doing here?" She asked, half-asleep.

"I have to wake you up, and besides I made pancakes!" She jolted up and almost fell off the bed if it weren't for me. She sped to her drawers and threw out some clothes she wanted to wear. Then she ran for our bathroom (with the clothes).

Next, I walked into Felix, my 10 year old brother's room.

"Hey Fe," I whispered softly, nudging him, "I made pancakes, so come down in a few minutes." He blinks his eyes open and throws the blanket off himself.

I leave his room and walk into Han and Hamish's room. I groaned, they were going to be the hardest to wake up.

"Han, Hamish. I made pancakes-" I started.  They ran out of bed at the word pancakes and ran to the bathroom. I walked over to the drawer full of clothes and pick up two dinosaur t-shirts and camouflage shorts.

I left it on their bad as I hurried downstairs, my stomach grumbling.

I slid into my seat and took the bottle of syrup and poured it on my pancakes. I just finished eating when Han and Hamish came downstairs, matching. I took my dish to the sink and I heard yet another pair of footsteps. I looked up to see Mother smiling at me. I returned it.

Mother sat down to eat as I trudged back upstairs again. I closed the door and plopped myself onto my bed with a tired sigh. It was morning and I was already tired.

Bring!

I lazily got out of my bed and walked downstairs to the door. I opened it to see this formally dressed man, that looked a whole lot like the King's servants from yesterday. He was holding a scroll and he handed it to me.

I shut the door in his stupid face and went upstairs to my room to read it. It said.. that I got the job! I jumped up and down happily, this could be a huge change for me and my family. The scroll also said that I had to start ASAP. I packed a suitcase quickly.

I put my boots on and exclaimed, "I got the job! I'm going now, bye!" I sped toward the castle.