~• Chapter 2 •~

Hi guys! I finally updated, so woohoo! My break is over two days from now, sadly. I will try to update as often as I can. I hope you enjoy this longer chapter! WARNING: There are some curse words in this chapter.

(Jax's POV)

I ran around happily, I felt free. This might've been the first time Father LET ME go out into the village by myself! I ignored the trinkets and bought a few caramel cakes that me and my friend Ollie could snack on. I made my way over to him and handed him some patty cakes. We both talked and laughed.

"Jax!" Ollie yelled.

"What?" I asked.

"Jax! Get up!" Ollie yelled my name once more.
~
"Jax! Get your lousy ass up!" A voice yelled.

My eyes tore open to see my sister, Rapunzel standing in front of me. I groaned and threw my pillow over my head. She threw off my pillow and my blanket.

"Jax! Come on! You have to get ready for the people who wanna be your maid!" Raz yelled again, but this time she smirked as she yelled the last sentence.

"Ugh, fine," I said, dragging out the words. I rolled out of bed as Raz left the room. I walked inside my bathroom and saw how messy my hair looked in the mirror. I grabbed my hair brush and started untangling it. Once I was done, I brushed my teeth.

I left the bathroom and saw clothes (that I was probably supposed to wear) on my bed.

His clothes:

I changed into them and hurried downstairs to the dining room

I changed into them and hurried downstairs to the dining room. My eyes scanned the room and I saw my sister sitting in a chair- I froze. Father was seated at the head of the table, next to Raz. I sat down across from Raz and our eyes made contact. I could see that she was shocked that he was here for breakfast today as much as I was. I turned my gaze to the food on my plate. It was pancakes, which I'm very happy about. We all ate in silence.

Until Father asked, "Jax, are you ready for the tryout today?" I nodded. I actually did not need a personal maid. Especially since I could do everything by myself, well maybe I can't cook. But still! I feel like this whole tryout is useless, but if I don't choose then Father will decide for me and he'll probably pick a snobby girl.

Once I finished my food, I sat up and took my dish to the kitchen. Father always says that I should leave my plate on the table for the kitchen maids to take them, but I bring it to kitchen and sometimes (when Father doesn't know) I wash them. My favorite person in this castle (other than Raz) would definitely be my servant, Ollie. He's so fun to hang out with, and Father doesn't let me leave the castle without someone. So sometimes me and Ollie would sneak out to go take a walk in the village or something. Those nights would be fun. Somedays we would even hang out with his girlfriend, Kayla. She's a fairy, and really nice too.

I rushed upstairs into my room and glanced at the clock. It was 10:51 am. Wow, I woke up late.

Ping!

I snatched my phone off my desk and read the text that Ollie sent me. He said, "I'm lost in the castle again. Can you come find me?" I sighed, not again. Our palace is so big that Ollie constantly gets lost in it, and I have to always find him.

I walked around the castle, until I found him walking towards a valuable painting. Oh shit, he's probably going to somehow destroy it in the matter of seconds! I rushed over to Ollie and grabbed him by the shoulders.

"Don't touch the paintings Ollie. I already told you not to," I scolded.

"Whatever. Can we go out to the village today?" Ollie asked. I shook my head.

"I can't, I have this maid tryout thing for me later. Honestly it sounds pretty useless. I mean, I have you!" I explained, "Father is also here, so it'll be hard to sneak out without him knowing."
Ollie pouted as I dragged him upstairs to my room.

(Time skip, cause why not?)

It was finally 2 pm and Ollie had wished me good luck with my 'fangirls'. I had rolled my eyes when he said that. Anyway, I'm now standing in front of our castle waiting for the girls to come. My legs are already aching as I walk around and formally greet all the girls. Ugh, I was better off not doing this.

I walked away slowly from the girls as they took snacks that were set up in stands.

I crashed into a girl and they sneered, "Hey! Watch where you're going." I apologized quickly. The girl had back length brown hair (pulled up in a ponytail) that had a strange purple streak in it and her hair was shining in the sun. She also had beautiful chocolate brown eyes that had darkened. She had a purple short-sleeved shirt, light blue jeans, and lace up boots on.

I must've been staring because she waved a hand in front of my face.

"Hello? Earth to prince?" She asked. I blushed a little.

"Hi, what's your name?" I asked her.

"Gillian Cobbler, but you can call me Gilly." My eyes widened. Her eyes darkened again.

"Wait you're a cobbler?" I asked. Oh god, that was a stupid question to ask.

"Yeah, why? Is it wrong that my family is poor, while your's is rich." She sneered.

"I'm sorry, that was a stupid question. It's just strange to see a cobbler here, especially to be a maid." She looked away.

"What's your name?" She asked, softly.
"I'm Prince Jaxon, but I'm also called Jax." She smiled.

"Well, I should probably be heading home now. Bye Jax." I gazed after her. I think I know who my maid was going to be.