You're Gonna Get Sweaty Today, Shorty!

A loud yawn emerged from the threshold of the throat of our short protagonist as he walked down the streets of the city not too far from his house, as it was only a 15-minute walk. It was a Saturday afternoon, and he was a bit nervous about this day. This was the day that he and Gamo went on a purely hypothetical "date". 

Rohan had thought she would have given up on this joke, but she was still determined to keep it going. At least that's what he thought.

Her teasing him about it at school was expected, but he did find it strange that she kept up the act of reminding him as the days passed through text, usually followed by a dumb emoji with a number following it symbolizing the day. He didn't wear anything special for this "date", just some navy blue jeans, and a red jacket that was covering the front of his plain gray t-shirt with no design.

"No. She's just playing with me. She wasn't actually serious about this? A date? This is just a long-winded joke she's playing." Rohan convinced himself.

"It's gonna be an unmarked house or something like that... and then she'll jump out a bush shouting, trying to scare me, then she'll just ask to hang out... I think. I mean... it's not like we've never hung out outside of school before, this is no different!

Rohan noticed the stares from some of the people started to get worried. He wondered why they looked at him weirdly but tried not to let it bother him.

He was completely oblivious to the fact that he had accidentally been muttering to himself for the entire conversation.

"Your destination is on the right."

Rohan was brought out of his thinking and tried to rationalize Gamo's behavior by his phone indicating his arrival.

He turned to the right, terrified that it was some type of abandoned alleyway or an unmarked grave that Gamo had tricked him into going to, but it wasn't either of them, it was...

"A... A gym!?!?" Rohan's mind shouted in confusion.

He stared at the building in confusion. Was this a joke? A threat? Both?

"GAMOU Fighting Gym? A family gym? Gamo-chan's family owns a fighting gym?" Rohan's thoughts showed interest.

"Oh yeah, she mentioned her family had a business, but a fighting gym never came to mind. But... it's obvious when I think about it." Rohan muttered to himself still standing outside in the cold.

Before Rohan could question any of what was going on, the glass doors of the building opened and there she was standing.

Tall, fiery orange hair, with padding on her knees and gloves on her wrist that matched her shorts- A smile that showed happiness at Rohan's appearance. Which quickly changed to her usual teasing smirk as what was natural for these two.

"Sup Shorty! Took you long enough!" Gamo said playfully punching his shoulder.

"Uh... yeah. Sorry about that." Rohan said rubbing the spot she punched.

"Well don't just stand there! C'mon! Get inside!" Gamo cheered opening the door with a smile that could be described as cute.

"But... but I thought..."

"You thought what? C'mon lets go!"

Rohan was so confused and... even a little hurt? He knew that this fake date was just a long-winded joke for Gamo, and knew it would be exposed as such, but still. It still inflicted a weird pang in his heart.

"What? Do your short legs take a while for you to get to places? Is that why it took you so long?" Gamo asked with a teasing smile.

Rohan got annoyed by her flip-flopping between her expressions. He couldn't tell if she was happy to see him as a gesture of their friendship, or if she was happy to see her favorite person to tease.