Doctor Who/BBC Ghosts 👻Crossover Part 3

And Part 3 is finally here! I'm sorry it's taken so long to update. 

Thank you to everyone who voted/commented on Parts 1 & 2 (and on all of my chapters), it really helped motivate me to finish this part!

I hope you enjoy! : )

"Why are we searching the roof anyway, it's not like that thing could get up here if it tried!" Julian complained, as he picked his way carefully (not that carefully) across the roof. 

"Is that it?" Came Humphrey's excited voice. He was resting on the edge of the roof, rather precariously balanced - though as a Ghost falling off a roof would hardly cause any damage, as proven by Fanny's nightly jumps. 

"Where!" Julian hurried over, eager for the search to be over. 

"Oh, never mind, it's just a bush." Said Humphrey, squinting at the green shrubbery. 

Julian sighed. "This is stupid! Why don't we just sit inside and wait for it to come back to us? It will do eventually, we've got eternity."

"Something to do, isn't it." Said Humphrey, still staring across the gardens for any sign of a small green creature - unfortunately he was looking across a large green estate, so it was like searching for a needle in a haystack. 

There was silence, as Julian paced the roof, half-heartedly hunting, and Humphrey searched with his eyes. Eventually, the politician gave up, and he walked over to the parapet. "See anything?"

Humphrey didn't reply. Mostly because he couldn't. 

"Careful!" He half screeched, half spoke as he plunged towards the earth, knocked by the force of Julian's knee bumping him. Julian rolled his eyes. Now he would have to walk all the way back down to retrieve him. Great. Even more effort he didn't have. Peering over the edge, Julian noticed that Humphrey was not staring up at him in irritation, because Humphrey was not there. The head had disappeared. Had he just been sucked off in an instant? Or was it something more mysterious? Either way, he was absolutely not dealing with it on his own. 

"Alison!! Alison!" He called, striding back the way he had come. 

*************

"Mammoth?" Asked Robin, peering questioningly out at the dog-like creature in front of him. 

"No, Robin. That's Dante." Sighed Fanny. "Now you're just being silly deliberately."

Robin cackled to himself. Of course he was, there was nothing like a few jokes to lighten the mood, but maybe that would only increase the irritation levels of the Grey Lady. Excellent, note to self: more jokes around Fanny. 

"Come on, we haven't looked through the Kitchens yet. The Kitchens were always one of Dante's favourite places to be - I think it was the warm fire and the scraps of food." Fanny smiled, reminiscing about times gone by with her beloved pet.

"Wes shouldn't bes looking fors the devil." Said Mary, worriedly wringing her hands together as she trailed nervously after the other two. 

"Don't be silly Mary, it's not the Devil. It's just a poor, lost and confused little soul." Said Fanny automatically. Then she coughed. "I mean, it is only a slimy creature, we must find it before it contaminates the house."

"Isa Ghost. Can'ta touch anything." Robin helpfully pointed out, but Fanny ignored him.

"Come on, to the kitchens." She marched ahead and Robin followed, leaving Mary to anxiously wander after them. 

********

"Now, if I was a Ghost Alien, where would I go?" Wondered the 10th Doctor aloud, though to himself.