An Angel, a Demon and A Doctor (Doctor Who/Good Omens Crossover Part 4)

As the Doctor made his way back to the TARDIS, he couldn't shake off the feeling that something wasn't right. He had been trying to fix a serious problem with the TARDIS engines, when he had received a message about the rouge Weeping Angel in London. When he came to the location he hadn't been able to see anything, it seemed odd that he would get a pointless message like that. Either someone had wanted him to trap him in London, but hadn't done anything when he'd arrived, or there had been a Weeping Angel and he had missed it. As he opened the doors to his beautiful blue box, he decided that a quick scan couldn't hurt. If there was a Weeping angel he could go and....well he hadn't really made a plan for what he would do if there was an angel, he just knew he would have to deal with it. He pulled a scanner over, and clicked the button, pacing nervously around the TARDIS control room as he waited for the results of the scan. He ran a hand through his already messy dark hair, and fingered his sonic distractedly as he thought. When he was interrupted by the gentle ding of the completed scan, he rushed over to the screen. A small red light was pulsing, and as he zoomed in, he noticed it was right inside a book shop in Soho. He groaned, realising it was right in the place he had just left, and then after flicking a few levers and pressing a few buttons, the TARDIS de-materialised in a groaning wheeze of noise.

All was deathly silent in the book shop, as the very much living, for now, Demon and Angel stared down the stone one. The life or death staring contest had begun less than 30 seconds ago, but already Aziraphale's eyes were starting to water.

"Crowley," he said slowly, while trying desperately hard not to blink, "My eyes are really starting to ache. I'm going to need to blink."

"As long as one of us is observing the thing, it can't move" Said Crowley, with the air of someone who was reassuring himself as much as his companion.

"Ok." Said Aziraphale, and he slowly closed his eyes, before snapping them open again. The angel hadn't moved. "Do you need to blink?" He asked. But Crowley seemed to be discovering a long forgotten talent. He pulled off his dark sunglasses and placed them on the table in front of them, revealing his yellow snake's eyes.

"I don't think I do." He answered, with a small degree of wonder. "Snakes don't blink, do they? So why should I? I can just....keep looking at it." He gestured to the Weeping Angel.

"Well that's wonderful!" Exclaimed Aziraphale. Then he seemed to realise something which put a stopper in his elation. "But how do we get rid of it?"

"I don't know."

"Did the Doctor say anything about getting rid of them?"

"I would have told you before if I knew."

Aziraphale nodded, conceding this point. He nervously wrung his hands, as he frantically tried to think of something they could do.

"The Doctor's gone, so we can't ask him." He thought out loud. Crowley, on instinct when someone stated the obvious, rolled his eyes. In doing so he took them off the stone angel in the corner, which in the fraction of a second where the demon was not looking at it, advanced a metre across the floor of the book shop towards them.

"Crowley!" Shouted Aziraphale, jumping to his feet at the sudden terrifying glimpse of how dangerous this monster was when in action.

Crowley said nothing, he was too busy back staring transfixed at the stone angel in the corner. Aziraphale took a deep breath.

"I know I may have stated the obvious, but if I do so again, please refrain from rolling your eyes."

As Crowley was still locked in his inter-species staring contest, the planning was up to Aziraphale, and as often happens to intelligent individuals in a crisis, he was having a mind blank.

"What do we do? What do we do?" He repeated to himself, hoping it would stimulate his brain. When the vaguely recognisable sound came, his overloaded mind barely registered it, and it was Crowley who acknowledged the noise.

"What is that?" Asked the focusing demon, without moving his eyes.

"Oh..um.." Said Aziraphale, casting his eyes around the room for the source of the sound that tickled his memory. He noticed the blue box within a second, and almost jumped for joy. "It's him! It's the Doctor! In his space ship."

"Great." Said Crowley sarcastically. Then: "Great!" As the Demon realised this could mean help. The Doctor appeared out of the box, brandishing the sonic screwdriver like a weapon, though what he intended to do with it was a mystery to Aziraphale.

"Where is it?" He asked, obviously already knowing about the presence of the monster.

"In the corner." Aziraphale answered. "But you needn't worry, Crowley's looking at it."

"He can't look at it forever, he'll need to blink at some point." Said the Doctor, confused.

"Will I?" Said Crowley, without turning round. The Doctor noticed that the black sunglasses which had concealed his eyes in both of their previous meetings were sitting on the table, and he could see Crowley's eyes for the first time. They were yellow, with a slit like black pupil in the middle. Snakes eyes.

"You have the eyes of a snake!" The Doctor exclaimed in wonder. "Of course, you're a demon. Makes sense. And snakes don't blink, so why should you have to?" He paused in his deductions for a second, grinning. "It must make you incredible at staring contests."

"I think I'm winning this one so far." Said Crowley.

"Sorry to interrupt," Aziraphale put in, "but we do have a Weeping Angel to deal with. It may be immobilised, but Crowley can't just stare at it for the rest of eternity."

"Right, yes. Of course. Sorry."

"Any suggestions on how to remove it?" Asked the angel. The live one, not the stone one.

"Well, if an angel observes another angel then they're both trapped."

"This may well be the first time anyone has ever said this, but unfortunately we only have one Weeping Angel." The demon replied.

"Yes, but the same principle can be used with a mirror." The Doctor sighed. "But I don't have one!" He ran his hand through his hair again, thinking hard.

"I think you may be forgetting something." Aziraphale said, grinning, and snapped his fingers. A long mirror appeared in his hands, and he passed it to the Doctor happily.

"Brilliant!" He looked to Crowley. "Just keep staring at it." Walking slowly towards the Weeping Angel with the mirror brandished in front of him, he gestured to Aziraphale, who snapped his fingers a second time, and a pillar of stone appeared in front of the alike angel. Swiftly placing the mirror so it was facing it, the Doctor stepped back as the stone monster saw itself reflected and froze. The quantum lock was working against it. As long as nothing broke its eye contact with the mirror, it would never move again. Crowley jumped from his seat and snatched up his sunglasses, simultaneously walking over to join the Doctor, and placing them over his eyes. Aziraphale stood next to his demon and the almost identical Doctor, and the three of them stood for a moment, just looking at the trapped monster and recovering from the misadventure. Of course, the Doctor was the first to break the silence.

"Too soon to appreciate the irony of a Weeping Angel attacking an actual Angel?" From the glare he received at this, he realised it was most definitely too soon. There was another silence, which this time was broken by Aziraphale.

"Now what do we do with it? I can't have a perpetually quantum locked version of the most dangerous monster in the universe just sitting in my book shop, can I?"

No one replied. No one knew what the next step in the seemingly never ending stream of problems was.