Swimming Pool Pandemonium

Hello! So this is a really really random, probably kinda silly idea that randomly came to me (I've been re-watching Horrible Histories. I think the chaotic humour is getting to me), but anyway....what would happen if the TARDIS console room collided with the TARDIS swimming pool? Read on and find out!

"Doctor!" Shouted Amy, as the TARDIS swayed dramatically, shaking back and forth like a child with a yoyo who is truly awful at it.

"Hang ooooon!" Came the Doctor's reply from the other side of the console room. "I'm just trying to stabilise the..."

He was interrupted by the reverberating, deafening cloister bell, and another smash of noise and light that hit them like a ton of bricks. When the dust settled, Amy realised that she was soaked. Her clothes were a few shades darker than normal and drenched, her hair floated around her head in a damp, tangled halo, and in a panic she suddenly realised she wasn't breathing. In that moment, before her instincts kicked in, she thought she was going to die, as the weight of the water and the lack of oxygen pressed in on her. Then in front of her came the glowing green luminescence of the Doctor's screwdriver, and a strong hand gripped her arm, pulling her to the surface to meet the air.

She gasped great, heaving breaths, and as soon as she had enough air, and was comfortable treading water, she spluttered out some words. "What on earth just happened to this room! It looks like a swimming pool or something."

"You know," mused the Doctor, "I think that might be exactly what happened." He looked around at the chunks of metal and other pieces of debris and detritus that was bobbing around in the water with them. "Fascinating. The swimming pool room must have collided with the console room! That's new." He sounded curious, elated and happy even.

"Interesting as that may be," gasped Amy, and then she was sucked under with a particularly violent sway. Her head breached the surface again, and she continued. "But we have a bit of a problem. How are you going to fly the Tardis if the console is COVERED IN WATER!"

"I didn't do this deliberately, if that's what you're thinking." Responded the Doctor indignantly.

"Well, it does seem like something you would do."

The Doctor considered it. "Maybe." He shrugged, "but right now we've got bigger fish to fry." There was a pause, the Tardis swayed, the alarms rung, and the water sloshed. "Get it? fish? Water?"

Amy got it. She rolled her eyes.

"Right! I've got a plan." Announced the Doctor.

"Finally! What is it?"

He didn't answer, just dived below the surface, making a beeline for the console, and Amy begrudgingly followed. By the time they reached it, a mere fifteen seconds later, the Doctor was already pushing buttons and pulling levers. So he did have a plan then. Or at least he was pretending he did.

"What are you doing?" coughed Amy, grabbing hold of the console to keep herself a float. A metal rod snapped clean off under the pressure, and she released it into the water with a guilty look.

"Don't think I didn't see that, because I did." The Doctor said, through his button tapping and without looking up. Amy's guilty look intensified.

"Sorry." She replied, "Was it important?"

"Of course it was! Would I really travel throughout all of time and space with a rod that didn't do anything?"

"You have no idea what it did, do you?"

The Doctor ignored her, dropping below the surface of the water to press another button. Instantly, the TARDIS calmed and the bells ceased. The console room was still a swimming pool, but the calm sort with no one in it, as opposed to one with a wave machine turned to max with a crowd of rowdy teenagers bobbing around.

The Doctor emerged, his hair dripping, but with the cheesiest grin Amy had ever seen.

"Are we stuck like this?" She asked him, her voice slipping into what was almost a warning.

"Not permanently."

"Not permanently, or not at all?"

"We're stuck for now, just until I figure out how to fix it." He paused, and then continued at the look on Amy's face. "Don't worry, we're not in any danger."

"You always say that, and it's never true."

"This time it is, I promise." He reassured her. "Think about it this way, How many people get to swim in a Bigger-on-the-inside spaceship in the middle of the Time Vortex?"

A smile crept into Amy's worried features. "You're right. That is pretty cool."

"Yes! I finally got there!" The Doctor celebrated, doing a victory dive beneath the surface. "Come on!" He said, with only his head visible above the water. "D'you think we can find some fish? Or maybe that Octopus I left in the pool last week!"

Thanks for reading this, I hope it wasn't too bad, and you enjoyed it. 😃

Just out of interest, do you prefer reading crossovers or random one-shots like this?

Also, quick update on Ghosts Crossover Part 3: I'm currently trying to write it, but I've got a bit of writers block. If you have any suggestions/ feedback after reading Part 1 and 2 then please comment or message me. Thank so much : )

P.S If you're an MCU fan, please check out my Doctor Who/Doctor Strange crossover book. Thanks!!