Doctor Who/BBC Ghosts 👻 Crossover Part 1

Ghosts/Doctor Who Crossover (and my first Ghosts fan fic)! I know it seems a bit of an odd combo, but I really hope you enjoy anyway....

It was a normal day at Button House. Well, as normal as you can get from a huge (sort of) empty manor full of Ghosts, who were currently rounding off the day's food club.

"Thanks everyone!" Said Pat , enthusiastic as always, to a slightly less enthusiastic audience. "I'll see you all at six for What I Would Wear If I Could Club. We've got a special edition today, What I Would Wear to A Party If I Could Club. Exciting!"

There was a general grumbling as everyone got to their feet. The clubs were a great premise, but unfortunately there were only so many times they could listen to Julian talk about fondue and Mary about basket building (5 potatoes high!) before it got a little dull.

"Errrr...hello. Who are you?" Alison's voice floated up the stairs, and within an instant the Ghosts had gathered and hurried downstairs, flanking Alison as she stared down the newcomer.

"Hello!" Said the man. He was quite tall, was wearing a brown suit and white converse, and his hair was sticking up at all angles. "I'm the Doctor."

"Erm, I'm Alison. Sorry, what are you doing here?" Asked Alison, doing the classic apologising for something that isn't your fault.

"That," said the Doctor, "Is a very good question, I'm not too sure myself."

"Riiiiiiight." Alison responded, but before she could continue, the Doctor spoke again.

"Anyway, aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?"

"My friends?"

"Yes, those people standing around you."

The Ghosts looked at each other in shock, their faces mirroring how Alison felt.

"Sorry, you...you can see them too?" She gabbled, her face lighting up as she realised she had found someone in the same absurd situation as her.

"Oh, they're ghosts. Makes more sense." Said the Doctor, with a look of dawning comprehension.

"Yes, we are." Said Pat, eagerly stepping forward. "I'm Pat, this is the Captain, Julian, Thomas, Mary, Kitty, Fanny and Robin."

As each Ghost was introduced, they inclined their heads in greeting to the Doctor, and he grinned at each one in return.

"Oi! Don't forget about me!" Came a voice from the corner, and everyone turned to see Humphrey, resting on the table, and forgotten as usual. "I'm Humphrey." The Doctor grinned at him too, and didn't look all that phased at his lack of a body. He opened his mouth as though he were about to speak, when a gentle buzzing from behind the door interrupted. Everyone turned to stare intently at the door, and yet they still got a shock when it flew open, and a man with floppy hair and a bow tie strode in, and walked right through the Doctor standing in the centre of the hall.

He stared about the place, and clapped his hands together excitedly. "Well this is wonderful!" He exclaimed, seemingly to himself.

"Er, hello?" Said Alison. "Who are you?"

"I'm the Doctor!" Announced the man, to a look of confusion from Alison and, unbeknownst to him, many confused looks being exchanged by dead people behind her.

*********

As Alison walked to the living room carrying two cups of tea, she was followed by a chattering crowd of the dead. As is the custom with a difficult conversation, Alison had told the Doctor (the live one) to wait in the living room while she made the comfort beverage, and then he would explain what he was doing there, and hopefully why a Ghost with the same name had seemingly come with him.