15

it's a couple of days before christmas and me and leah went out to do some last minute shopping, we borrowed my aunties car.

"i already bought you something but i left it at home so now i need to find something else" i said.

"no you don't baby, i'll just wait until we get home" she said.

"don't be silly, everyone will be opening presents. you should too" i said.

"i promise it's okay darling" she said.

"no. i'm getting you something and that's final" i said.

"bu-" she began to argue back.

"ah" i put my finger to her lips.

"i said that's final" i said and she dropped it.

we walked through some shops and i kept asking leah was she liked or wanted but she kept a saying nothing.

we went into jd and looked at some shoes. leah never picked anything up or looked at anything for too long. clearly she knows what i'm trying to do.

"leah please just pick something" i groaned.

she looked around and i noticed her look at a pair of nike trainers for a little longer than anything else.

"there we go" i said. i picked it up and looked. "good choice what shoe size are you"

"no leave it marí" she said.

"leah stop it. let me get you things" i said.

"please leave it baby. if you've already got me something then i don't need anything else" she said. i pushed her back so she sat on a chair and i grabbed her foot pulling off her trainer to check the size.

"there that wasn't so hard was it" i said. i gave her the trainer back and went to find someone to get her size in the shoe.

the man brought it back and i paid for it before we left.

"thank you princesa" she said, kissing my cheek.

we walked around for a while before heading back to the car.

leah told me to wait there. she walked off and then came back a few minutes later with a bunch of flowers.

she gave them to me and kissed my lips before starting to drive us home.

she rested her hand on my thigh and i took a picture for my instagram.

we arrived home and i quickly went and put things away

we arrived home and i quickly went and put things away. i bought things for my little cousins and now i just need to wrap everything.

i got the wrapping paper and i got leah to help me wrap everything. it took a long time, and about 3 rolls of paper but we're finally done.

i put them away in the bottom of my wardrobe and then lay on my bed.

we went downstairs and had lunch. everyone was at home but scattered around the house so we sat in the living room and spoke to some of my cousins.

"this is actually my first christmas away from my family" leah said.

"wow must be weird for you then" i said.

"yeah, but i'm with you so everything is good" she said.

"your so cheesy" i laughed. i grabbed her cheeks and pulled her towards me, kissing her lips ever so gently.

i was lay across the sofa with my head against leah's stomach. she put her hand at my chest and spoke to my family.
i got a phone call. it was from work.

"sorry i have to take this" i said and excused myself.

i went out the room and answered the call. when i came back in i sighed while sitting back down.

"it was work. i honestly don't like this job anymore but i don't know what else to do" i said.

"open your own hair salon. you've got the skills" leah said.

"sí" ana nodded. the rest of my cousins agreed.

"mmm i don't know. what if i'm not good enough" i said.

"maría how long have you been cutting everyone's hair for. it's been years. you definitely could do it" mateo said.

"alright i'll look into it" i said

we chatted for a while until dinner was ready.

we ate and then i went upstairs with leah, mateo, ana and lucia.

we chilled on my bed and messed around as cousins do. i got out the cards and we played.

"don't let leah play, she gets too competitive" i joked.

"that's rude. you cant leave me out" she huffed.

"and she's huffy again" i teased. she scowled at me.

"i love you really." i said, squeezing her cheeks before planting a kiss on her lips.

mateo dealt out the cards and we played a couple of games.

the door opened and juan stepped in.

"get lost juan" mateo said.

"oi. leave my baby alone" i said. i told him to come to me. he closed the door and came and sat on my lap.

after another round, he got off my lap and lay on my bed, resting his head on leah's leg.

around an hour later we finished.

both ana and lucia gave up and stopped playing. me leah and mateo were the most competitive.

i put the cards away and noticed juan sleeping on leah's lap.

"sorry leah i'll take him back to his room" mateo said going to pick him up.

"it's fine leave him. he's alright" she said.

she picked him up and put him inside our bed to the wall side.

"good night girls" my cousins said and went out of the room.

me and leah got ready for bed before sliding in together.

"goodnight mi amor" i said.

"night princesa" she said, kissing my forehead and then my cheeks and then my lips, and we fell asleep with her arm around my waist and my back against her chest.

during the night i woke up and felt juan move between us. he leaned into leah and wrapped his arm around her.

she put one arm around him and the other around me.
i rolled over sleepily and i put one of my arms across both of them and fell asleep again.