28. DARK ROOM

I opened my eyes in a cold, bright room. It was like there were thousands of lights shining at me.

What... Where...

My hand was gripped by something strong and sticky, it was stuck to the wooden chair. In front of me was the familiar tripod and terrifying room. I was in the Dark Room.

Chloe?

"Is there anyone out there?! Please help!" I screamed even though my throat was dry.

I turned around, it turned out I wasn't alone. Victoria, her hands and feet were bound with black duct tape too... She was lying next to me.

"Victoria...wake up." I raised my voice. "Get up!"

Victoria groaned, but didn't wake up.

This room was almost the same as the last time I left it when I and Chloe found the evidence... except there were several cameras lying on the table and tripods around me.

My legs were as stiff as my hands. I sat in the chair bound and my skin crawled all over. My body was covered in a worn black t-shirt and dirty jeans.

I moved my hands to try to free myself, but it was too strong. Then tried to kick my left leg. My energy still hasn't returned to one hundred percent. I was very dizzy and panicked. Then I moved my right foot and the tape tore.

Finally! I am free! Almost...

Not far from my place, there is a trolley. There are several photos on it..

I used my feet to pull the trolley. It took a lot of effort, but I did it.

Turns out it was my photo. This bastard Jefferson must have taken while I was unconscious!

 This bastard Jefferson must have taken while I was unconscious!

I hate seeing myself like that. You will pay for this, Jefferson!

I focused on the photo.

I promise I'll never go back to times like this again... But this is the only way...

"Oh, that's great... Oh, Max..." Jefferson's voice started to sound.

I opened my eyes. The click click sound was all around my face.

My head is so heavy and I can't move. I was still tied up and I was lying on the floor. The spotlight slowly dragged me back to consciousness.

"This angle highlights your purity, see? Models who are a little self-conscious are often the most open and honest models. There's no vanity or just posing...pure expression."

Jefferson moved my feet.

"Oh my God... Look at that perfect face."

I tried to move my head and Jefferson returned it to its position.

"Hold that stare!" He shouted. "Remain silent!"

Jefferson continued taking photos. I whined and tried to move.