26. VORTEX CLUB PARTY

WE were in the Blackwell campus parking lot in Chloe's car. Whatever happens next won't be good because Chloe has already closed the door on peace.

"I hope Nathan enjoyed his last party," she growled.

"Chloe, we can go straight to the police. We have proof," I said.

"Fuck the police. Rachel wants us to find her. So we can get real justice... and revenge. The Prescotts have been at this for a hundred years, and nothing will stand in my way. Especially with your help... right?"

I paused for a moment looking into his eyes which were full of pain and revenge. "I'm with you until the end, Chloe. You know that."

Chloe took out her gun and put it in her back pocket. We got out of the car.

Several students stood in front of the entrance looking up at the sky with their glasses of beer.

"Oh, damn, it's like that eclipse."

"You're right. Look at the outline."

"I don't know if they are different."

"There can't be two months... that's impossible..."

I followed their gaze and suddenly became dizzy. In the sky there are two real moons.

"What is that? Oh my God, Chloe, look at the sky!" I exclaimed.

Chloe glanced at the sky and walked again. "Beautiful, I don't care. The world is ending, cool."

"You're not listening! Something big is going to be destroyed!"

"That's right. Nathan Prescott will be destroyed," she commented nonchalantly.

We were walking towards the building when Warren appeared through the door and his grin greeted me. He was still wearing the same clothes as this afternoon, only he was carrying a glass of suspicious drink.

"Welcome to the end of the world, lady. I'm glad you decided to accompany me..."

"You look really good, Warren. Are you okay after today?" I asked.

"I really hate Nathan. I hate bullies... and Max, he's dangerous," she said. Even though he looks a little stoned, this is Warren, his brain always works logically.

"Where is he?" Chloe asked.

"I don't see him in the dorm anymore. I'm locked up in my room," Warren answered.

"Dude, are you drunk?"

"Well, if you consider half a beer "drinking"..."

Chloe rolled her eyes. "Let's go, Max."

"Hey, hey... I know it's a bad time, but can I take one photo? I feel like this might be the end of the world, so... I want to have something for prosperity," Warren requested.

"Well... I don't blame you, Warren."

"I know, I know, I'm annoying. Just one picture. Eh..."

Warren took the camera out of my bag and I didn't mind that. He put his arm around me and we smiled for the camera.

"Action."

The camera shot produced a flash of light and a polaroid photo which Warren immediately saved. He returned my camera.

"We don't have time for this nonsense. Come on, Max," said Chloe.

"Sorry... I just wanted to feel like a normal student after this week's ultraviolence. I've never hit anyone like that before... I've always been the one getting kicked."