EPILOGUE #2

amora's pov old friends

amora's pov
old friends

Another 5 years later

If you told me when I was 13, that I would be where I am today. I wouldn't believe you. The day I was reaped was the worst day of my life, but I wouldn't go back and change a thing. For all the loss and pain I suffered for years, I would relive it all knowing where I'm at today. I'm safe, married, and I'm a mother. Nothing that happened in my past would make me want to lose that.

It was holidays, Aiden was down to visit. Over the years he came down less and less, but it was still nice to see him. The kids adore his company, everybody does. The Donna's mother usually made the food for holidays, no matter what district we traveled too. We tried to alternate it between the ones with heavier populations. Usually it was 4, 13, or 7. This year it was 4.

Will was leaned against the kitchen counter as he glanced out the window before turning to look at me. "Aiden's here, looks like he's with Johanna."

I returned the smile to him before heading outside. Aiden still had a small limp but I ran up to him and hugged him. "Hey darling." He said softly as he hugged me back.

After a few seconds, I pulled away and hugged Johanna. It was nice to see them, I always looked forward to it. Gabe came out shortly after me to hug the two as well.

I walked back inside, glancing around. The kids were playing at the table and Finnick was standing in the corner, watching them. I approached him and he looked over at me, a warm smile at his face.

We had been together for years, I still felt butterflies everytime I looked at him. It was like falling in love all over again.

"Hey," he said quietly.

"Hi." I said back, as I glanced at the kids, a smile on my face. Holidays were fun, but they were also hard. It reminded us of everyone we've lost to the games; and to the rebellion. "You okay?"

I nodded. "I am," I said, taking a deep breath. "I just wish Callie could've made it. It would have been nice to see her."

He nodded. "I know."

The rest of the holiday was great, the food, the gifts, the friends. It was better than you could imagine.

3 months later

I got a call from Rosalyn, about Aiden. She said he was acting weird. The two both live in the capitol, they spend most of their time together.

I was quick to make her way there and too his house. I knocked, nobody answered. "Aiden." I called out. When I didn't get an answer I invited myself in.

I glanced around, I had only been to his house a couple times, usually he came down to mine.

I made my way to the living room, where Aiden was sitting. "Hey." I said quietly. His eyes shifted towards me and he shook his head. "What's wrong?" She asked as I took a seat beside him.

He was quiet for a few moments and sighed. "You sound like Rosalyn."

I smiled slightly. "She's just worried about you, like I am." I said.

He shrugged, a slight scoff from him. "You shouldn't be." I could tell by his demeanor something was wrong. Something he didn't want to say.

"Aiden, just... talk to me." I said softly.

He was quiet for a few more seconds before sighing. "I... uh... I just had a nightmare." He said quietly. "It had been awhile and it just caught me off guard."

"About your games?"

He nodded. "I guess with Beetee's death it just... yeah." Beetee had passed a few weeks before, I knew Aiden had taken it particularly hard, so it made sense.

I nodded slowly as I went to hug him, he hugged me back. Nothing could ever take away the trauma from our games, but we could learn to cope with it. That's the truth.

I pulled away and looked at him. "I'm sorry." I said.

He shook his head. "You don't have to apologize Amora, its just apart of my life now. Even if it's been years since my games.

"That doesn't matter." I said as I shook my head. "How long ago your games were, you're feelings are still... valid."

He smiled slightly. "Thanks darling." he said softly. "For coming here... just for everything.

I just nodded and returned the smile.

authors's note !

ahh guys omg i missed amora so much but thank you so much for 100k reads. i appreciate it so much so i decided to write a bonus chapter. it kinda sucks but i debated killing aiden so at least be appreciative of that!