1

amora's pov district 8

amora's pov
district 8

A few days later

It had been a few days, since Finnick and I kissed.

District 12 was bombed. Katniss agreed to become President Coin's Mockingjay. I was getting ready to go with Katniss to district 8.

A captiol escapee, Cressida would come with along as Katniss's friend Gale, Landen and me.

I agreed to go with, to keep Katniss alive. We needed her to win the rebellion. Everyone knew that.

Despite having the choice to take a gun, I took knives, I knew I had a better chance with them. I walked up to the group, and nodded at them.

"Ready?" Cressida asked me.

I nodded "Ready as I'll ever be," I was stopped by someone shouting.

"Wait! I'm coming!" I recognized the voice immediately.

I turned around "Aiden no!" I hissed.

He limped over to me "Amora, I'm coming with," he insisted.

"A-Aiden your leg! You could get killed!" I trembled, if Aiden got killed I don't know what I would of done. "P-please Aiden,"

"Amora, darling, I promised I'd keep you safe the day you were reaped, I'm keeping my promise," he said to me. We climbed into the ship, there was nothing I could do to convince Aiden not to come.

I bucked myself in and the ship started flying toe district 8. It didn't take long , we arrived.

I remembered being here, after my first games. I followed Katniss into a hospital.

I looked around, so many people where injured, bleeding to death, unfortunately.

We followed Katniss as she walked down the middle, people asking her questions a long the way.

I didn't know what to do, I was completely silent the walk through a lady lead us through the District.

"We have a problem," Boggs said, we all turned around. "Incoming bombers from the north, we need to find cover now,"

"Follow me, there's a bunker," Paylor said. She lead us to a bunker, and we all rushed as sirens around us started going off. "Straight ahead and down the stairs,"

We quickly rushed after Katniss, as she started running "Katniss!" Gale yelled after he "Katniss!"

"Everdeen!" Boggs shouted. "Back away from the wall,"

Suddenly the wall blew up, but Gale pulled Katniss down to the ground and the rest of us covered our ears.

A huge pole started falling "Watch out!" I shouted to Gale and Katniss as I backed off. It separated the rest of us from them.

Aiden grabbed onto me, as I tried to run, I looked at him, pulling away from his grip and running to find Katniss and Gale.

"Clyde!" Boggs yelled, going after me, the rest stayed behind.

"Katniss!" I shouted "Gale!" I looked around the smoky area.

"Drop your weapons! Hands in the air!" Someone shouted, I heard Boggs move, behind something. I dropped my knives all besides the ones in my pocket, putting my hands in the air "Who are you! I need some identification!"

"I'm Amora Clyde, victor of the 66th hunger games, from district 3," I replied, I needed to stay calm.

I slowly reached to my pocket "I said hands in the air!" They shouted. I quickly grabbed a knife throwing it at then, they dropped dead.

I turned around, as I heard bombing happen. "T-the hospital," I muttered to myself, Boggs put a hand on my shoulder, I wiped my eyes.

A little while later we found Katniss and Gale.

"Tell the people what just happened Katniss," Cressida said, as the camera filming Katniss came forward.

"I want the rebels to know I'm alive, I'm in district 8 where the captiol just bombed a hospital! With unarmed men, women and children! And there will be no survivors if you think for one second that the capitol will ever treat us fairly, you are lying to yourselves! Because we know who they are and what they do! This is what they do! And we must fight back!" She shouted, her voice was full of anger, she turned around "I have a message for president Snow, you can torture us, and bomb us and burn our districts to the ground, but do you see that, fire is catching and if we burn you burn with us!"

I looked over at Landen, he was from district 8, I knew how much this must hurt. I walked over to him "You alright?" I asked softly.

He looked at me "N-no not really, they're where so many people in there and there just gone, my home is burnt to the ground..."

I sighed and put a hand on his shoulder "Landen, your home is with us now, me, and Aiden, and Madalyn," I said "Family isn't always blood,"

He nodded at me and wiped his eyes "I know Amora, I guess I'm just scared," he admitted.

"You have every right to be scared, for god sakes I'm fucking terrified, but I remember that I'm going into the capitol to take him down, to take them all down,"

He nodded "My brother used to say to turn the pain into power..." he whispered.

"Your brother was a smart kid then," I said and he smiled.

"Y-yeah he was," Landen replied, smiling back.

The first chapter of the Mockinjay parts. I hope you enjoyed and I tried my best on this chapter. I'm planning on this getting a lot more emotional, and your gonna get to know Callie and Nick more hopefully.
-
Remember I do no own the characters besides the ones in my backstory chapter and I do not own the plot.
-
Remember to stay safe, have fun, wash your hands, remain distance, stay home if your sick and wear your masks. Be safe I love you all!