Chapter 18

Enid

Elias wanted to show me a place outside the Palace and since I had nothing better to do, I agreed. Before we were about to go through the bushes and a few trees, he goes behind me and places his fingers over my eyes.

I laugh lightly before walking forwards. We stop in place and he slowly takes his hands away from my face, I look around and instantly fall in love with the sight.

It was amazing, there were truly no words to describe it. I walk forward and reach the dock, walking all the way to edge of it. I hear footsteps behind me and turn around to see Elias walking towards me.

I carry on looking infront of me as his arms wrap around my waist from behind, his head resting on my shoulder.

No matter how many times he touches me, I'll always get the feeling of butterflies in my stomach.

"How did you find this place?" I ask while staring down at my reflection in the water below.

"James did, he wanted to show you but he couldn't find you that day, so he just decided to show it to me," his head is now resting on top of my head.

"Oh, well thank you for showing me this place, I love it," I smile at him, even though he couldn't see it.

He took his head off of me and turns me around to face him. I look up at him as he grins down at me, I couldn't help but smile back. His smile was just so contagious, I can't help but love it.

"You're the most perfect girl for me," he says as his hands are still resting on my waist.

I feel my cheeks warm up, no doubt blushing at his words. He always knew exactly what to say.

"Well, you're the most perfect boy for me."

He turns his head to the side and smiles brightly as his cheeks turn a light pink. He looks back at me and covers his mouth to try and contain his smile but fails.

My head falls back as I laugh out loud at how cute he is when all he's doing is smiling. We began to laugh together, simultaneously.

I take a hold of his hand and start walking back to the castle. Our laughs die off as we began walking in silence.

Our hands interlocked with each others as I lead us towards the forest that I was found in by Elias.

"Why are we walking this way?" He asks as we both stop at the top of the small hill.

I look down and see Issac just laying down there, unconscious. "How did he get there?"

"I may have just left him there to die," he says, trying to laugh it off.

"Well, you just made my problem a lot easier," I say as he shoots me a confused look, "I wanted to find him so I came here to see if he was waiting for me by any chance," I say.

I walk down the hill and successfully land on my feet this time and gesture Elias to come down and help me pick his body up.

"And why do you want his body?" He asks as soon as he stands beside me at the bottom of the hill.

"To hurt him like he hurt me, of course," I say as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Right," he trails off as he grabs his arms while I grab the legs, we both begin to walk back up.

We walk back to the Palace together while carrying the body, "let me do it, I don't want your dress to get dirty."

I put down the legs and let him drag the body from behind him, "thank you."

"You're welcome, your majesty," he smiles at me.

"I don't know why you like to call me that when I'm not the Queen?"

"Because I see you as a Queen, who will one day rule this continent," he explains.

"You really think I would make a good Queen?" I ask.

I don't think I would. I fear I might become like my father, someone who abuses their power of authority.

"You would be an amazing Queen, you're brave, smart, kind, and beautiful. I could list a million things that would make you a great Queen."

"I don't deserve you," I whisper because it's true.

"Darling, you deserve everything in this world and more. I would do anything for you," he stops in his place and lets go of Isaacs arm.

He stands right infront of me, "I would carve my own heart out if you asked me too, just to see you smile."

And with that, my lips crash onto his. I never thought I would find someone that I love as much as him.

My arms go around the back of his neck, pulling him close to me as his hands rest on my waist while drawing circles with his thumb.

"Damn, you're amazing," he mutters under his breath in-between the kiss.

"We still have to take Issac in," I say as I look down at the body.

We weren't that far away from the doors to the castle.

"Who's that?" He asks as he starts to kiss the crook of my neck, causing even more butterflies in my stomach.

"The body, Elias," I say as he stops kissing my neck and rests his forehead on my shoulder.

I pull his head up with both of my hands on his face as he smiles down at me.

I smile back at him as he moves away from me and grabs the body again. He gives me a sad look while walking for the rest of the time.

The doors open as I call for a guard to take the body down to the cell in the basement. Two guards then drag the body and disappear around the corner.

I turn around and see Elias standing and staring out into space. I decide to give him a quick kiss on the cheek to get his attention.

And it certainly did. He turns around and gives me a kiss back. I loop my arm through his as we walk up the stairs together.

We enter our room as he closes the door behind him. It had been three days since I got the bandages for my stab wound and I really didn't want to change it today.

"Can you help me change my bandages please?" I ask as I sit on the bed, looking down at the floor.

"Sure, just let me get the first aid box," he walks into the bathroom as I lay down on the bed.

He comes back in and sits down next to me. He slowly lifts up my dress and began to take off the bandage.

After he finishes up, he puts my dress back down and walks back to the bathroom to put the box back into its place.

He lays down next to me as I turn to my side to face him.

"You need to get some rest," he says while still laying on his back, his arm behind his head.

"But I want to talk to you," I say, while staring at his side profile.

"Come here," and I do. I move closer to him and rest my head on his chest.

His free hand brushes through my hair, every time he does that I manage to fall asleep so he's probably trying to get me to rest.

I was half asleep when I thought I heard him say something.

"I love you, Enid."

                                                 ☆☆☆

                                        Author's note

1285 words.