Chapter 4

Elias

I wake up, just to see no one beside me and look around the room until I lay my eyes on her.

Enid, the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes upon.

Why isn't she sleeping next to me? Did I make her uncomfortable?

I get out from the bed and walk towards her. She hasn't got any blanket around her, she must be freezing.

I grab the blanket from the bed and place it onto her body, as slowly as possible to not wake her up.

I never thought someone could look so lovely.

I walk out the room, disappointed because I wanted to stay with her.

I turn the corner of the hallway, about to make my way down the stairs, when I bump into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you," I quickly say to the person.

"It's perfectly alright," she puts her hand out for me to shake, "I'm Vivian, Enid's sister," she smiles at me.

"It's nice to meet you," I say while shaking her hand and looking down at the floor.

I let go of her hand and carry on walking down the stairs.

"When will I meet you again?" She calls out from behind me.

"Whenever we will," I answer her question without turning my head back to her.

I finally reach my destination without any further interruptions.

I knock on the door to Stefan's office.

"Come in," I hear a voice on the other side.

I enter the room, close the door behind me and sit down infront of his desk.

"How are you and my daughter getting along?" He smirks at me. Why is he staring at me like that?

Is there something wrong with his eyesight or something?

"I'm sorry but is there something on my face? You keep staring at me like that and I can't help but think something is on my face," I furrow my eyebrows at him.

His eyes slightly widen at my question. " No, I didn't mean for you to feel that way, my apologies," he then finally stops staring at me like that and begins to write down on some paperwork.

"And to answer your question, me and Enid are getting along quite well actually," he stops writing down on his papers and looks up at me without moving his head up.

"So you say," he looks back down and puts the paperwork into the draw of his desk.

"Yes, I do say, I must say Enid is a lovely woman," I smile to myself.

"Yes, you're quite right, but I must tell you this for the sake of your marriage. Enid," he stops and thinks of the words to say, "has a history of fits of anger," he says to me.

"Anger? But she seems so kind?" Confusion written all over my face.

"That's how she acts so no one suspects anythings wrong with her. She also tends to lie a lot too," he put his pen down onto the desk and leans back in his chair.

"I'll keep your words in my mind," I get up and walk to the door, "goodbye sir," I walk out of the room.

The whole time while walking back to her room, his words kept repeating in my head. I don't believe him, from the moment I met him, I've always felt something off about Stefan.

I open the door and see Enid awake, her back facing me and she's looking out the window.

I see smoke coming from her direction.

Is she smoking?

"Enid? What are you doing?" I ask her.

"Um-oh hey," she throws the cigarette out the window and faces me, "I didn't hear you come in, sorry," panic in her voice.

"No need to apologies, but why were you smoking?" Her eyes widen that I caught her.

"Sorry, it's just a bad habit of mine," she looks down at the floor, as if scared I'll say something to her about it.

"No, it's ok, I understand but you should know smoking isn't very good for your health," I walk slowly towards her.

"Is it true that you have a history of anger and lying?" I ask her, wanting to know if he was telling the truth.

She looks up at me, her eyebrows furrowing. "What on earth are you talking about? I've never had a problem with my anger and I never lie, I hate lying," she slightly raises her voice at me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to accuse you of anything, it's just your father was warning me about your anger and lying. I just wanted to know if it was true or not," I say calmly, not wanting to make her mad at me.

Her face softens. "I'm also sorry, but you didn't believe him?"

"Of course, I didn't, how could someone as kind as you have anger problems," she looks up at me, she smiles softly at me.

"Thank you, and I best be on my way now," she points to the door and I nod.

I wanted her to stay and talk to her.

As soon as she walks out the door, I sit on her bed and take out a photograph.

It was picture of Enid, she was in a green dress and smiling while she was in the garden outside.

I smile at it, I've been smiling at her everyday. She just makes my day better.

I lay down on the bed and hug the picture to my chest and spin around on the bed like a teenage girl. I've never experienced this before, this kind of love for someone.

And I'm not complaining.

                                                  ☆☆☆

                                        Author's note

948 words.

How was this chapter?