Chapter 1

I've always thought that a father was supposed to love and protect his daughter from anything that would cause them harm.

Support them in everything they want to achieve and help them along the way. But that was before I realised not every father wishes the best for their children, some wish them the absaloute worst and others go as far as hurting their child.

My father, Stefan.

A person who was supposed to love me as a daughter but ended up hurting me as an enemy.

I sit there, on my vanity chair, staring down at my reflection in the mirror.

God, why am I still here.

"Enid!" James comes running in, shouting my name out, his voice full of panic.

I didn't get a chance to speak before he ran and hid under my bed. My eyebrows furrow in confusion until I finally realise why he's hiding. I quickly get up from my chair and face the door to my room.

My father comes marching into my room.
"Where is he?" his voice booming and echoing off the walls.

"Who are you talking about, father?" I ask him, confusion written all over my face.

"You know who I'm talking about, now answer me, where is your brother?" He walks closer towards me, his eyes burning into mine.

"I'm sorry father but I do not know where James is," I lie to his face and try to keep my face full of confusion so that he doesn't suspect a thing.

He grabs my face, squeezing my cheeks in the process.

"If I find out that you have lied to me, you will suffer at my very hands," he threatens me as if it isn't the first time he's done something like that. I try not to roll my eyes at how his threats are so obvious to me now.

He lets go of my face and walks out of my room, slamming the door behind him.

"You can come out now," I call for James as I sit on my bed.

"Thanks Enid, you have no idea how grateful I am," he comes out from under the bed and sits next to me.

"What did you do this time?"

"I may or may not have put rats in his wardrobe," he answers me mischievously.

My eyes widen before I burst out laughing, as I fall back onto my bed.

"Oh my god, one day you'll have me killed, you know I can't keep hiding you from him forever?"

"I know but for now you can hide me the best you can," he lays down next to me and we just lay there in silence, staring up at the ceiling.

James is my baby brother and the youngest sibling. He's only 13 years old yet still manages to act as if he's got 9 lives.

"You do know that father's going to come back here, right?" I ask him because the sooner he gets out of here, the better it is for the both of us.

"Yeah, you're right, I should get going," he laughs lightly before he walks to the door but right before he walks out the room, he turns his head back to me.

"Thank you, Enid,"

I get up and smile at him softly and watch him walk out and close the door behind him.

I let out a heavy sigh before walking to the window and just look out. I rest my arms on the windowsill and wonder what it would be like if I wasn't a princess and an heir to a whole continent.

I should love it tho, I should love how I'm going to become a queen but I don't. I feel empty, shallow and tired.

I feel so utterly exhausted.

I grab a cigarette pack from one of my dress pocket and take one out. I then put the pack back into my pocket and grab a lighter from the other pocket.

I light the cigarette and put the lighter back into the same pocket. I then inhale and release and repeat that same cycle over and over again.

This really calms my nerves down.

I put the cigarette out on the windowsill and throw it out of the window and onto the ground below me.

The only reason I smoke is because it's the only way that ever calms me down and makes me forget about all the problems I've been having in my life.

I know the risks and I know the amount of health problems I could get but I don't know what to do. My life is miserable and smoking is my escape.

                                                  ☆☆☆

                                         Author's note

776 words

Can u guys tell me if this chapter was good or not cause this my first time writing a book?

Can u also tell me what I can do to improve on certain things?