Chapter 12

Enid

"There you are," I say as Elias walks into my room. I had been asleep for an hour and I don't know why but I am full of energy.

"You're awake," he says, slightly surprised to see me awake but happy overall, as I can tell from the huge grin on his face.

I had been sitting on my bed for a while after I woke up, Elias joins me and sits down next to me.

"What's wrong?" I ask as he sighs with a sad look on his face.

"Nothing that you need to worry about," he gives me a small smile and reassures me.

I smile back, "I want to do something but I'm not sure what I want to do," I say.

"How about we have our walks again?" He suggests.

"No, I'm not really in the mood for walking today," I turn down the idea.

"Maybe we could—"

He suddenly gets cut off by a knock on the door.

"Come in," I say to the person behind the door.

The stranger enters and turns out, it was one of the staff, "I am terribly sorry to interrupt you but Prince Silas of Asia is asking to speak to you," the lady says to me as I try to process the words she had just said to me.

"Prince Silas? Coming here? Wanting to speak with me?" I say, too surprised to process the fact that Elias's brother has come here to meet me.

"Yes, your highness,"

"I think we better see what he has to say," Elais speaks up.

"Yes, I think we better," I say as I get up from my bed. I take a dress from my closet and change in the bathroom.

Yet I am still trying to think about why Silas is here to meet and speak with me and isn't here for his brother but for me.

As soon as I get out the bathroom, Elias and I head down to the living room, where Silas is supposed to be resting.

As I enter the room, I see a man sitting down on the sofa, he rises from his seat as he realises I had entered the room.

I gesture my hand, allowing him to sit back down to where he was already resting.

I sit down next to him, as Elias stays standing infront of us.

"Brother, it has been ever so long, don't you think?" He says cheerfully with a smile that looks so similar to Elias's.

"Not long enough," Elias mumbles under his breath.

"I see you haven't changed a single bit," he has a small smile on his face now.

"But I've come here for a completely different person," he turns his head to me and smiles ever so big.

"How are you, my princess?" He takes my hand in his and I instantly take it back out.

"I see you're not a very affectionate person," he says with a tight voice.

"To answer your question, I am doing quite alright for myself and no, I am affectionate, just not with strangers I have only known for a mere 2 minutes," I say to him with a much serious tone because there is no way I am letting him touch me whenever he wants.

"I can already tell you have a sense of humour," he gives a lighthearted laugh.

"It wasn't meant to be funny," I retort back at him.

"Right," he stops laughing and with a much serious tone of voice, "I need to talk to you, privately," he says while looking up at his brother.

Elias looks at me and I give him a reassuring nod. He then leaves and now it's just me and Silas, alone.