O N E .

Ana woke up to hear a loud banging on the door, she jumped awake and quickly ran to see who it was. When she opened the door she was met with her... friend.

"Morning, Ana." He smiled widely.

"Morning, JJ." She responded.

"I brought you your favorite." He lifted up a bag with food in it, "yes, they're pancakes with no butter and syrup in the side."

"You're the sweetest." She laughed, grabbing the bag and pulling him into her dorm.

After they were finished eating JJ cleared his throat nervously.

"I was wondering... if you wanted to maybe, go out with me?" He asked, his blue eyes looking into hers.

"Oh... like as friends?" She asked, taking a sip of her water, not looking at him anymore.

"No... like, I mean, like as a couple."

When Ana started at Finch she didnt know anyone... she was lost at the huge campus. But she bumped into the boy and they instantly connected.

"Oh my god! I am so sorry." She said, looking up from her map.

"No, you're good. I-I'm just as lost as you are." He laughed, holding his map up as well.

Ana thought he was gorgeous. His smile.. his dimples. His blue eyes, everything.

And he thought the same. Her long, curly, brown, hair hanging over her shoulders. Her green eyes smiling at him, and her lips...

"Uh... I'm JJ Maybank." He said, holding out his hand for her to shake.

"Analise Ford."

They hung out everyday after that. They even got lucky enough to have three classes together. She was his best friend, he was hers.

She liked him.. she really did. But she didnt want to mess this up too. After she ruined hers and Jere's.

"Do you really think that's a good idea?" She asked, finally looking up to the boy.

He smiled, that smile...

"Analise, I've only like one other girl... like ever."

"You literally told me you slept around before coming here..?" She laughed, making him laugh along with her.

"I did... but that changed."

"Before or after your giant 'treasure hunt'?" She joked.

JJ's smile faltered a little before he scratched the back of his neck, "nevermind, I shouldn't have asked."

Ana realized his sudden change in mood and looked at him with sympathy, she reached out and grabbed his hand gently, scooting closer to the boy.

She took a deep breath. Truth was, she really did want to go out with the young boy. She thought he was amazing, and she really did want to move on.

"I'd love to go out with you. Under one condition."

"Yeah?" He asked, his blue eyes lighting up.

"Promise me that if we don't work out... for whatever reason. You will continue to be my best friend... w-without you, I wouldn't have anyone here."

JJ nodded softly with a giant smile, "I'll come get you at like... seven?"

"Perfect."

The young boy got up quickly and kissed her cheek before running out. Leaving Ana alone in her dorm giggling like a little girl.

~

Ana laughed as she shut her door, climbing on her bed.

"I'm just saying, if you started something with JJ-"

"I'm not! Drop it." Ana said, throwing a pillow at her dorm mate jokingly.

"Okay, okay. It's dropped."  Mollie said, getting up quickly and throwing on a jacket.

"Where are you going tonight? Out with Jack?" Ana asked.

"As if, I've been done with him for a month now. This guys name is Justin... and yes. So I'll be back probably in the morning." She smiled.

"Oh my god, what's up with you and J's?" Ana rolled her eyes before looking at her phone, it was vibrating, and when she saw who called her she didnt even hear her dorm mate leave.

"Uh... hello?" She spoke into the phone.

"Hey..." he started.

Conrad Fisher. Who hasn't bothered to give her a call since the night she left the beach house.

"I didnt expect to hear from you." She said.

"Yeah, is it okay that I'm calling? I shouldn't have called, this is dumb. I'm sorry." He panicked.

"Yeah, it is. Actually." She sighed, rubbing her eyes, "I've only heard from Jere. Thanks for totally ghosting me, and getting with belly."

"Ana- I am so, so, sorry." He said, his voice instantly cracking.

"Conrad, why'd you call?" She mumbled, anger bubbling inside of her.

"Ana, I- I don't know..."

"Goodbye." She quickly hung up the phone, immediately going into Conrad's contact and blocking his number.

Conrad looked at his phone, tears forming in his eyes. He sat there for a moment, just staring before his mind took him to Belly.

Her and him were.. together. But he didnt want her. He wanted Ana again... he knew he fucked up. He was beyond pissed at himself.

He murmured a small 'fuck' and tapped her name, then tapping call.

He watched as it rung, and cleared his throat when she answered.

"Hey, Connie baby." She spoke through the phone. He could hear her smiled through the phone as she used Ana's nickname for him.

"Hey, belly..."