22.

as the months went by the nurse we hired has been coming over weekly and slowly daily.

i'm about a month out from giving birth and this morning when me and scott was about to head downstairs my water broke.

he grabbed our bags for the hospital i packed and he helped me to the car.

i wasn't feeling anything right now.

scott called his mom, grandma and ruby.

i called my brother.

"bubs." i say as soon as he answers.

"val it is 6 am." he says as i laugh.

"you're telling me boy, anyways my water b-." he cuts me off by yelling.

"my baby girl is coming. alright i'll be on the way to the hospital." he says as i laugh.

"okay i love you bubs please drive safe." i say.

"he's excited." scott says.

"you think." i say as we both laugh.

i was growing so nervous. i've never gave birth before. this shit is going to hurt like a motherfucker.

as we pull into the hospital i got really nervous.

we see scott's mom and grandma standing outside and we walk in with them.

we let them know what we are here for and they direct us up a few floors.

the view was beautiful.

they got me all hooked up to these machines and kept coming in and checking on me.

* 6 hours later *

i was in so much pain it wasn't even funny. the epidural was not working at all.

i was getting to the point where i couldn't even talk.

"just breathe baby." scott says as he was sitting behind me while rubbing my back or playing with my hair as i was bouncing on this ball.

i know he was just trying to keep my mind off of the pain.

after a few minutes of just focusing on my breathing i felt a really uncomfortable feeling and a bunch of pressure.

"scott." i managed to say.

"what baby." he says as he gets in front of me.

"i think this girl is coming like right now." i say breathless.

he runs out the room and when they all come back in she checks me and she starts telling them to get nurses and doctors ready.

oh so she was actually coming.

oh my god.

"dad come on." the doctor says as he follows with. he was holding my hand the whole time walking with the bed.

they was taking me to another room.

my guess was it was the delivery room.

"alright val we got your legs up and you can squeeze dads hand as hard as you can or squeeze the bed as hard as you can but we need you to start pushing babe." she says.

i just nod.

all i could do was nod.

this pain throughout my body was a pain i've never felt before.

"okay on the count of three. one, two, three, push val push." she says as i push.

my heart was racing, my body was in so much pain.