2.

i woke up to my phone ringing and it was one of my employees at my salon.

"hello." i say as he laughs nervously into the phone.

"hi val i know you are sleeping or was but i lost my key and i just had it with me th-." i cut her off and got out of bed.

it's 7 am.

even on my off days i can't sleep in ever.

"it's okay hunny, im on my way." i say as she says thank you over a million times and we get off the phone.

i stopped to get us both coffee and head to the salon.

i was staying in tennessee right now, im working on opening another location. i still have my original salon in new orleans.

my mom is managing that one and im planning on having my sister manage the one in florida if we can get the spot.

i see her standing outside by the door with her suitcase and everything in her arms.

she looked stress.

"im so sorry val." she says as i smile.

"listen babe i promise it's okay, things happen. please just next time sit in your car just in case someone tries to come up and steal your stuff or rob you. id rather you be safe." i say as i unlock the door and we go inside.

"there will be no next time i promise." she says as i smile.

with this business ive taken in girls that do nails, skin, hair, makeup, everything you can think of.

i have a salon in new orleans where it's full cosmetic so we do lip filler and botox stuff there.

"i got you coffee." i say as i sit it on her stand.

she does eyebrows.

"you are literally the best boss ever." she says as i smile.

that's all i do it for is these girls. i don't want to create a work space where people come to work and hate what they do.

i want this to be a safe space for these girls.

"since im here im going to clean up a bit and catch up on some work." i say as i go to my office upstairs.

* 3 hours later *

i rearranged my office and deep cleaned everything up here.

i don't hire cleaners, i clean myself.

not that i don't think they will steal stuff but ive always enjoyed cleaning and if i don't clean it then im not satisfied.

i come down and see she has a few girls waiting to get their brows done and i talked to them a little bit about deals going on for the other girls and about her deals.

"alyssa im going to leave and run some errands and probably go home after that. if you need anything just let me know. call me when you are leaving so i can come back and lock up." i say as she agreed and i left.

* mall *

i haven't been to a mall in a long time so since it's my day off and im already done with taking my mail and picking up my packages i decided why not.

i walked into a shoe store and was looking around when i was getting a facetime call from my brother.

"what are you up to val?" he says as i show him the shoes i had in my hand.

"deciding if i want these or not. you know how i am about spending money." i say as he laughs.

"spend the damn money." i hear him say but that shit sound real close.

he hangs up and i hear it again.

i turn around and he's standing right there with germ.

holy shit i haven't seen this dude in forever.

"germ dude what's up?" i say as he pulls me into a hug.

"wassup youngin." he says as i was in shock.

"i know you've heard this a lot but im really really sorry about your girlfriend." i say as he smiles.

"i appreciate it." he says as my heart aches for him.

"i meant to text you but ive just been so busy it's not even funny. today was my only day off and i had to go in because a girl lost her key." i say sighing.

i don't mind it to be honest.

"damnnn, we got some more shopping if you wanna tag along." chetta says as i nod.

"let me buy these and then we can go. i just started." i say as they both laugh.

we get going and i look at chetta.

"what are you guys going here?" i ask as chetta gives germ a look.

"germ has some music stuff planned up here so we decided to come together. but we wanted to just shop around and i seen you standing there and i just had to make sure." he says as i laugh.

"that was me. but that's wassup." i say.

"you still smoke?" germ asks as i nod.

"yeah i stopped for a minute but it's a hard habit to break so here i am again." i say as he hands me his pen.

"good looks." i say as i hit it a few times.

* house *

i invited my brother and germ over and when they came in they had ramirez with them.

i haven't seen any of these guys since me and scott broke up.

we all got dinner since i was starving and at the same time alyssa called needing to leave.

"i gotta go lock up the salon but y'all can stay and eat. it's right down the load so ill be back." i say getting up.

"you aren't going by yourself." chetta says as he gets up too.

"we'll be back." i say as we lock up.

"family reunion huh." i say as we get in my car.

"yeah that's what it seems like." he says.

"i haven't talked to any of them since me and uh." he stopped me.

"i know, im sure germ really appreciated you talking to him about his girl. he took that really really hard." he says as i nod.

"i can only imagine dude. i mean when me and scott broke up it felt like the end of the world for me. i can only imagine actually loosing your significant other." i say as he nods.

"ive never seen bro that messed up before." he says.

"you care if i crash with you tonight? they got a airbnb but i haven't spent time with you." chetta says as i nod.

"fuck yeah, it's more than okay. i haven't seen you in forever bubs." i say fucking with him.