2.1

Falling in love with Niall was so easy. I didn't need a reason to. Every time he would smile, I'd feel giddy. Every time our skin touched, a chill would run down my spine. It is incredible how a person can be so beautiful.

It's been three years since prom, since that oh so beautiful day. Since then, our love has only grown. We had fights, many, but at the end of the day, pushing all our differences behind, he'd let me be the little spoon. He kept his promise.

Times were hard when we graduated school. Niall didn't want to attend college but I did. He wanted to set his own business and I wanted to learn more. It was very hard. I got into Stanford, which meant moving away. But Niall was helpful. He supported my decision. To make our lives easier, maybe a little bit, I did a diploma in literature. It took two years of my life. Even with this, we managed to keep our relationship steady. We'd Skype, text and he would even come down to meet me. On our Skype sessions, he would tell me how his business was flourishing. With the help of Bobby's funding, Niall opened a music shop and a restaurant, both this favourite. Given the names of our families, the business started and continued very well. He had grown in those two years as a person. He wasn't the lazy and careless Niall I knew before moving out. He had turned into a very confident and independent man. I am proud of my man.

As for our friends, when people say that high school romances don't last, they are wrong. Every pair in our group is intact. If you had to ask which pair would settle down first, I would have said, Ashley and Liam. But surprisingly it was Louis. Along with me, Lily too got into Stanford. As soon as we came back to London, Louis popped the question. They are on their honeymoon right now! The most troubled couple were Harry and Kate. Good Lord! They would fight like hell but would end it by snogging the shit out of each other. As of Zayn, he finally found his woman, who belonged to his community, Zarah Hussain. To say that she is beautiful is the least. He is one hell of a lucky guy to have her. Ashley and Liam, well they had a bitter time. Ashley stayed in London but Liam went to study in Australia. The long-distance was the issue. Ashley went to Australia to surprise him but she walked in on him kissing another girl. She broke it off and cried for weeks not giving Liam a chance to explain. But the good part was that Liam was loyal to her the girl had thrown herself on him and Ash just walked in on the wrong time. Eventually, she forgave him. But forgiving him, involved a lot of sex, which knocked her up. I, the godmother is happy to tell you that she is due in five months!!

When I came back, Niall asked me to move in with him. Everything has gone in a hurry since then. Our mothers were ecstatic about the news. Maura being an architect, helped a lot with the interior designing. After that, all of us girls had to help with Lily's wedding, it was awesome.

I was happy, way too happy to be precise. Niall has been very affectionate with me, because, as he says he is trying to cover up for the past two years. The best part was that we had our own place, completely for ourselves. It was an incredible feeling, to wake up in his arms, and see his face the first thing in the morning. My day would never go bad. He would let me sleep in late but it would always make me late for work. I'd have a quick shower and he'd give me a cup of tea when I was out. Lastly, he would give me a kiss before I left. That was our routine.

I had started working in a business magazine company. Writing had always been my escape. That is why I am never bored when at work.

"Hello?" I picked up my phone as it rang, not glancing at the caller id.

"Hi, baby." I heard his voice.

"Niall? Hi babe." I smiled.

"Were you expecting someone else?" He asked, his voice off.

"No, I didn't read the called id. I'm completely dug up in work." I sighed.

"Oops, I guess I called you at the wrong time."