2.0

Please read the Author's note in the end.

---

I gasp, loudly, which I suppose was audible to the whole banquet hall. I could not contain the happy tears as they fell from my eyes. I cover my mouth with both my hands trying to get over this beautiful surprise.

"I know this is so sudden, but believe me, it really took me lots of guts to do this," Niall spoke.

In my peripheral, I could see Derek walk towards me. Everyone had their eyes in us, making me feel a little insecure.

"Alana-" Derek spoke as he stood next to us. But I cut him off by gesturing him to wait. Niall grinned ear-to-ear.

"My mum once said, that the first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away. She was right. I love you, I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope and every dream I've ever had and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life and I will always be yours."

I gulped.

"I fell in love, despite our differences, and once I did, something rare and beautiful was created. For I know, love like that has only happened once and that's why every minute we spend together has been seared in my memory. I'll never forget a single moment of it. You are the answer to every prayer I've offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have."

Oh my god!

"I know I'm crazy. The only way you can beat my crazy is by doing something crazy yourself. I love you. I knew it the minute we first kissed I'm sorry it took so long for me to catch up, I just got stuck. So it's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this every day, but I Want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, every day. You and me .... every day. You are my best friend as well as my lover, and I do not know which side of you j enjoy the most. I treasure each side, just as I have treasured our life together."

Holy Moly!

"You are, and always have been my dream. But I don't want you to be the woman of my dreams, I want you to be the woman of my reality. So Alana Claire Greyson, I ask you one last time, will you do me the honour of being my treasured girlfriend?"

The whole hall erupted in cheers and they started chanting, 'Say yes, say yes'.

I couldn't breathe to say in the least, I was scared that I would get a panic attack. I looked up from him to my friends who were jumping and chanting with the others. I looked at Derek and he looked absolutely hurt. I felt sorry for him, even though I didn't lead him on. I could never be with him. Niall owns my heart in every aspect. There is no one on earth except him who can take that particular place in my heart. I move my gaze to Niall who was eagerly waiting for my answer.

"You love me!" I breathed.

"More than anything." He stood up and held both my hands.

"Okay."

"So, will you?" He asked yet again.

"Only on one condition," I said evenly. The whole place became silent. I wanted to laugh but I contained it.

"Anything you want is yours." He said in a hurry.

"I get to be the little spoon," I said childishly.

He chuckled and so did the others.

"Deal."

"Yes, Niall James Horan, I will do you the honour of being your treasured girlfriend." I giggled.