1.2

I froze. Damn, I could not even blink. Derek just asked me out in front of Niall and Zayn! Really?

Derek nudged my hand and looked at me expectantly.

"I - I uh -" I stuttered.

"It's okay, take your time. I'm not going to force you." He said kneeling on both his knees. He kissed my cheek and stood up.

"I'm going to go to my first class. Please text me your answer once you're home?" I nodded.

He smiled and walked outside the room, leaving my mind completely disoriented.

"What the fuck was that?" Zayn chuckled.

"There's nothing to laugh about." Niall roared beside me. I cleared my throat and sat straight on my chair. People had started filing in the class but I was completely out of it. Did he really need to do that!

"Hey." Niall nudged me, making me look at him.

"Yeah," I said. "Don't look at me like that. There are many other guys who have asked me out. Don't give me those eyes." I muttered.

"You know I don't like him."

"But he's a good guy," I complained.

"So you'll agree to him?" He asked. His eyes looked upset.

"I didn't say that. God, I don't know." I sighed.

"Whatever, think before you decide." I nodded and looked over to our teacher who had just entered.

--------

"I don't care, make a reason, tell them you're ill, we need to go home," I said anxiously as I pulled Ashley through the corridor.

I needed to tell her the truth. I could only trust her with this, knowing she would give me the right advise without judging me.

"But Alana, what's the hurry!"

"It's not just a hurry, shut up and make an excuse I'm waiting by the car," I said, pushing her into a room and running towards the car. I made an excuse to Mr Peters saying my dad met with an accident and I needed to go. God bless that soul, he didn't catch my lie. And also sorry Papa.

I swiftly got into my car and turned it on. I drove to the main gates and waited for Ashley. In a few minutes, I saw her running towards me. She panted and threw her bag on the backseat and hopped in.

"Now come on." She urged me.

I broke the speed limit. Damn.

---------

"Don't judge me when I tell you the following stuff, just listen and help me out okay?"

She nodded eagerly.

"Derek asked me out today in front of Niall and Zayn," I said hurriedly.

"Wow, he is fast." She smirked.

"He is cute though, do you like him?" I shook my head.

"He is cute, decent and everything but I don't feel for him," I emphasised.

"Why?"

"Because there is this guy ...." I whispered.

"What guy?" She asked, shifting herself closer to me on my bed.

"I love someone," I said.

"And you tell me now?" She said, her eyebrows raised.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to keep it a secret."