Reality or .......

Liam's POV:

I walked into the cabin and seperated from Lily just before walking in and went down towards the kitchens. Albert, the younger one, looked like an orchestra conductor, conducting the magians to cook   as if they were creating music, their coordination magical and enchanting and the experience surreal.

"Liam!" Amy, the older one crashed into me and engulfed me into a big bear hug and yelled, "Come on up, I'v gotta show you something, Come on dear brother." She coaxed.

"Honey, I can only come if you leave me right? How else will I be able to walk darling sister?" I quipped and the very adult mother of 3 stuck her tongue out at me. 

"Not three you butthead! I have four kids." She replied and I realised that she had heard me. Damn! What was happening to me. I had begun to articulating my thoughts, without even realising it!

I let Amy drag me upstairs, let her laughter wash over me without letting any of her blather into my over-worked brain. I couldn't think of Amy as my Lily's mom, to me, she was Lily, my wife, not niece. Amy was a mother of three. But what was worse was I hadn't really understood the soup I had landed myself in. Being with Lily was like being on cloud nine, but it was taking my attention away from my surrounding. I started living in dreams so much so that I had begun verbalising my thoughts. 

God! How would I ever survive in the field like this! Worse still how could I go leaving my Lily behind, knowing she'd be here alone; knowing she would be able to feel and see my pain. How could I do that!

"Liam! What is worrying you?" Amy suddenly jerked me.

"uh?" 

"Liam what is wrong with you? You haven't been listening to a word I'v said. I want to host a party in your honour you know. Introduce you to some amazing girls. Sam's been telling me it's time you get married, and honestly, I agree. What do you think?" She chatterred and I blanched.

"Amy wait, wait. No party please." I whispered, fear took over, how many people had she informed about my arrival? I left her gaping at me as I ran, God! I had to speak with Sam. Oh dear God.

I prayed with every fibre of my being as I raced to the living room, "Sam!" I yelled as I nearly collided with Lily, on realising this when her hand curled on my heart, calming me, tellling me I am safe. I held her close, breathing her in, "You okay girl?" I asked, suddenly remebering we had audience.

"I'm fine, you okay? You've been yelling for dad?" She asked tentatively and I hated the uncertainity in her voice, we stepped back and I took a deep steadying breathe then looked at Sam and requested, "Can we talk please? Its urgent?" I whispered and he nodded, avery curt nod and stalked off. His stance rang all the alarm bells in my head. 

Something was wrong.

We walked into his study and he gestured me to close the door. "Sam, why is Amy talking about the party? I cannot make my presence known yet. Please stop her." I requested in a rush,, only to be stalled as Sam raised his hand in a gesture telling me to shut up.

"I will protect my family Liam. You don't have to worry about it. Amy will be hosting a party, unfortunately, you won't be attending." He spoke harshly, completely confusing me, just what had transpired?

"Why were you holding Lily?" He asked suddenly, looking as if he would kill me.

"Holding her when Sam?" I asked in confusion.

"What the hell Liam! How many times have you held Lily already that your asking when?" He yelled.

"Wha? Sam! I was running to find you and I crashed into Little Bits. That's all Sam." I softly coaxed , praying that he wouldn't catch me lying.