Waving through a window 💙💜

3rd person pov

Dice looked out the window he opened about 20 minutes ago, he was working his way through his second cigarette of the night. Devil was out dealing with sinners and the die was bored, he kept zoning out, and randomly dozing off where he was either standing or sitting.

Dice watched as cars drove by and wished he had some where to be. Some lady was on the phone arguing with another woman, it wasn't a sad or angry argument however, the lady was arguing happily about which flowers her partner would like more with her sister. Sometimes Dice wishes better hearing wasn't on his contract. Though he chooses to hear, it's not involuntary, so he supposes it's his fault.

Kingsley never liked knowing other people have more important things going on, hell his husband was doing more important things than him right now. Dice just wanted to feel important again. Sure he was the manager of an evil casino but after closing his just another die. To be shaken up and discarded in an instant. Dice zoned in on another conversation. A man crying on the phone, he just got informed he has to put his dog down or let him live in suffering for another week or so. "Sherman is too old for us to do the surgery. I'm very sorry Tom.." The vet on the phone says, voice shameful and slightly croaked. The man, now known as Tom, begins to sob harder. "It's fine ma'am you've done everything you can do...thank you." Tom soon hangs up and Kingsley can't help but feel pity towards the man. He'll most likely figure out a way to contract him a new loving pet.

Dice suddenly jolts in pain as his cigarette ran out in his hand and burnt his fingers. The cigarette goes flying onto the street and lands in someone's food. The person looks up just after Dice crouches out of the way so he can't be seen. He holds his hand and cries in slight pain, the pain only getting worse as the tears burn his cheeks. Another thing he hates about his contract, holy water tears. Kingsley stares at his hand as the burn begins to fade. He wipes his tears away with the bottom of his shirt.

He slowly stands and looks outside. The angry person is gone now. Dice can't help it anymore, he begins to sob as he involuntarily slides to the floor. Hands clutching his head and knees tight he sobs and sobs. The sobs only getting worse as he continues. The mental and now physical pain is endless and Dice can't do anything about it. He just has to let his emotions roll out of him.

That decision was made 20 minutes ago and now the room he shares with the devil is trashed. He broke a lamp, tore up a notebook, messed up the sheets, pulled everything on night stands onto the floor, and most importantly...broke his wrist after slamming it down on a table the wrong way, the edge of the stand slammed into his wrist causing it to break. Dice was now sobbing as hard and loud as he can, practically screaming. It wasn't long before he passed out due to the pain.

When Dice woke he was laying in his bed with a wrapped up wrist. His best friend was cleaning up as he opened his eyes.
Wheezy was picking everything up off the floor. Dice sat up slightly making Wheezy immediately turn to look at him. Dice said nothing and neither did Wheezy. He sat down next to the die and sighed heavily. "I was cleaning downstairs, finishing locking up after some drinks, then I heard screaming. Immediately came up here but you had passed out. It was pretty obvious you knocked your wrist up real bad to I bandaged it. Whenever boss comes back you can uh, get him to heal ya." Wheezy spoke kind of fast as if he was nervous.

Dice only nodded before saying a very small thanks. It's almost wasn't even hearable. But Wheezy nodded, gave Dice a slight hug, told him to call if Dice needed anything, then left. Immediately Dice's hearing tuned into people on the streets. Not one or two however. All of them. At once. He groaned and squeezed his eyes shut hoping he could just fall back asleep to ignore the words others spoke. Eventually Dice fell asleep again and the sounds concluded.

At around 1:30 am Devil came home. He walked into his room surprised to see Dice sleeping, let alone sleeping with a broken wrist. Without sitting his work stuff down Devil took the die's hand and healed it up quickly. Dice did not wake though Devil was incredibly worried he might. Although Lucifer couldn't decide if he wanted to ask what happened right now or wait until morning so he could let Dice get his rest. Eventually Devil just decided it didn't matter he just needed to make sure Dice was okay, once Lucifer stopped healing him he laid down next to the die. He pulled the blanket over them and spooned Kingsley, the movement causing him to wake up.

"W-wha-" Dice began but Devil cut him off, "Shh, just go back to sleep. I fixed your wrist and I clean in the morning. You need your rest.." Dice opened his mouth to protest but Devil's tail covered his mouth. "Don't bother my love just go back to bed." Dice groaned in annoyance. After a while both of them fell asleep. Devil was completely surrounding Dice and he felt important again. Like he had a purpose. Like he had a reason to feel and love. He slept soundly that night which led to a well done day of work which also led to a happy sleepy night. Kingsley is purely content, happy in Devil's arms, and extremely content being important in someone's life. No longer does the importance of others over shower him.

1006 words ❤