Falling in love in an ice storm: Le Chapitre Quatre

Chapter 4

Olivia's Point Of View:

You know that feeling when you watch some horror movie with suspense and you're waiting for a guy with a mask and chainsaw to kill his victim while it screams to death? Yeah? Well, that's how I felt back then. I watched as Logan's jaw tightened and Eliot wasn't moving a bit. He seemed like he was frozen. I looked at Ethan who was narrowing his eyes. I wanted to stay in his arms, it felt so nice. But I knew what I had to do. The only thing that annoyed me was Britney, who was walking towards us, swaying her hips with every step she took so much that I had to ask myself was that even humanly? She attracted too many stares and she was heading in our way.

I gently took off Ethan's hands off of mine, and walked two steps towards the feuding boys. I tried to walk more, but I was frozen by Logan's low voice. I could say how mad he was.

"Eliot", he said, nodding his head in greeting after he saw my begging look that said 'please don't kill each other', or 'don't do anything stupid'. You could rate it whatever you like, it would still help.

"Logan", I heard Eliot say in response. "Long time no see."

"Not long enough, if you ask me", Logan said, ferociously. I managed to move my legs and I was now standing by the side. From that position I could see them both, yet I was close enough so I could prevent them from killing each other. I heard Eliot laugh a little.

"Still the same grumpy I see", Eliot smirked. Oh, how I wanted to rip that smirk from his face. Logan sighed deeply, glancing at me before aiming his gaze towards Eliot. God, I wished I could know what he was thinking about.

"Still the same asshole, just like I remember", Logan shot daggers at Eliot with his eyes. Eliot on the other hand seemed to look a little taken aback with Logan's words. I guess they were better friends than I thought. I mean, Eliot always seemed not to hear any of the insults I told him.

"I guess you still remember Ingrid", Eliot said, a glint of pain in his eyes.

"And Melissa. And Sarah. And Caroline. Should I go on or...?", Logan said, cocking his head to the side, enumerating the names. I narrowed my eyes. I didn't know about those girls. "Oh, yeah...and Addison", Logan said giving Eliot a closed-mouth smile. "Oh, right, Addison was your girl. She was a pay back, right?"

"You son of a bitch!", Eliot hissed and lunged at Logan. He held his hand up to punch Logan in his face, but I ran in between them. You know, when I think of it, it was pretty reckless. I mean, I could only hope Eliot wouldn't hit me. And, yeah, I hit the jackpot! Eliot's hand stopped inches from my face. I opened my eyes, which I didn't know I closed, to see Eliot's eyes narrowed at me before he was pulled by Ethan.

"Dude, chill out! Come on, let's go", Ethan said, pulling his brother away.

"Umm, what's going on here, honey?", Britney asked, seductively wrapping her hands around Eliot. She seemed like she hadn't noticed Ethan at all. How long did it take her to come? And what the hell is she doing with her hands? Then it hit me. The boy she was standing with before - it was Eliot. Logan pulled me behind him.

"Logan, what the hell?! You told me you're not gunna make a scene! And who's Addison? A payback? And Madison..."

"Hey, calm down, shhh...", he tried to tranquillize me. It wasn't working, though. "First - it's Melissa. And second - I'll tell you everything when you come back, 'cause you're boarding now. Ethan took your luggage. What a nice, young man. Now, I'll love you, take care of yourself and be smart", he said quickly, but sternly, leaving no place for my dozens of buts. He planted a kiss on my cheek and ruffled my hair. Logan headed towards the door, waving me for goodbye. I waved him back, running toward Ethan who was waiting me.