Falling in love in an ice storm: Chapitre Un

Chapter 1

Olivia's Point Of View:

It’s been a week since that information of us going to Canada.

I was running through my wardrobe, searching for my diary from when I was kid. Every now and then I would run through it and laugh at my own ridiculousness. As I couldn’t find it I sighed and sat on my bed, bored.

You know, you would think when you’re rich you can do whatever you like, go wherever you want. Well, no. Some of my friends love to stand in front of the cameras as paparazzi take pictures of them. Ugh, I hate that. I’m one of those kids parents would pay to have. I’m careful not to do anything that might show up in all newspapers. I heard a knock on my door.

“Come in”, I called. The doors opened and I saw Logan standing there with a tray in his hands. On a tray there were standing three big bowls full of my favorite gummy bears.

“Isn’t now the time for our movie marathon?”, he asked, his blue eyes twinkling in amusement. I grinned at him.

“You know that where’s gummies, there’s Olivia”, I said and jumped from my bed. Are we watching in living room?”, I asked, as I picked up my phone, ready to leave the room. He nodded and we went downstairs.

Yeah, I guess I haven’t mentioned two very important things:

1. I have a brother Logan. He’s three years older than me and he goes to college. He’s home only when he’s pretending he’s sick. And as you can see, he’s ‘sick’ right now. His favorite color is black and he has this weird affection for leather jackets and football. He’s sucker for romantic films and he’s a player (I still can’t figure this out and I’ve known him all my life. I mean, how can you be a player and love romance? That’s just confusing). Yeah, he also like horrors. Of course being my brother that means we both share an obsession with gummies.  His favorite joke (which he loves to play on me) is putting an ice cream (or Nutella, or whipped cream or something similar) on someone’s (usually mine) face.

And second:

2. I have those weird cravings for gummies. Like literally! If I don’t have my daily portion I’m like: ‘JUST GIVE ME THOSE PRECIOUS SWEET (or sour) CANDIES, OR THE WORLD WILL BURN!’ Ooookaaay, this was awkward.

Anyway, we were now sitting in front of the TV as Logan put our second movie in the video player. We watched Dawn of dead and now we were about to watch my favorite movie – Sundays at Tiffany’s. I just loved that movie. Jane and Michael are hilarious. So, just when the movie started a phone buzzed. I didn’t bother to check my phone ‘cause I knew that it was Logan’s. He had thousands of friends. And that’s why I was surprised when Logan asked me shouldn’t I answer the phone.

“Why would I answer your phone?”, I asked him, completely confused. Logan laughed.

“Oh, so my phone is the black one with a heart made of small 1-carat diamonds that always make that annoying noise when the phone’s ringing?”, he said, word ‘amusement’ written all over his face. Oh, did I mention he was a jerk? I narrowed my eyes.

“Wow, Logan, you haven’t showed me your new phone”, I said, getting up and laughing as he repeated my words in a mocking voice.

When I walked in my room I picked up my phone, but it stopped ringing second before I pressed the green button. Damn it, I thought as I read the callers ID. Ethan was calling. I quickly wrote him a message, but before I could press the ‘send’ button, Gabriela walked inside the room.

“Miss Olivia, some man is here to see you”, she said quietly, not looking me in the eyes. I nodded.

“Sure, let him in, I’ll be right there”, I said as I saw Ethan calling again. She walked out of the room with a short ‘yes Ma’am’.