Meeting the Pack

When we got out of the caverns we then started to walk through the jungle in the direction of where we abandoned the motorcycle. It was peaceful walking around in the jungle, as you couldn't help but admire the beauty it provided as it gave it a tranquil kind of feeling. Despite it being a bit of a stormy day. Even though it hasn't started to rain yet, but it was still incredibly warm. Then again Isla Nublar is an island with a tropical climate.

"I'm surprised you're not asking where we are going now," Phoenix stated with amusement hidden beneath curiosity.

"I have a sneaky feeling you wouldn't have told me even if I asked," I responded with a slightly pointed look directed at the female who is now starting to smirk.

"Well we're going to the Raptor Paddock," Phoenix told me, that just resulted in me stopping in my tracks.

"Wait. Wait. Wait. You're telling me, I could've asked where we were going to go and you would've told me that we were going to the Raptor Paddock?!" I asked incredulously which got a laugh out of Phoenix.

"Pretty much," I just playfully glared at the girl who was trying to stifle her laughter.

"You're evil," I stated causing Phoenix to continue trying stifle her laughter as she shrugged with a smile.

When we made it to the motorcycle we then got back on it for the third time and started to drive in the direction of the Raptor Paddock. Which seemed far away from the rest of the park and how Darius, Kenji and Brooklynn found I will never fully now. Then again it probably isn't as far away from the camp as it is with the rest of the park.

When we got to the Raptor Paddock it was a huge enclosure that was octagon in shape with intersecting walkways on the top bordered with railings, so that it would be hard to fall into the Paddock. When the motorcycle stopped we got off as we made our way over to the enclosure, where we heard calls coming from the Raptors. Although I could see about five guys on the ground working around the pen, while there were two men on the walkways above the enclosure one in a grey shirt with a brown leather vest over it, who was talking to a tall dark skinned man in a green shirt.

I then watched as Phoenix bent down and picked up a stone as she threw it up into the air and caught it again before looking at the stone and at the walkways and back again, as she started to grin like the Cheshire cat. She then shrugged her shoulders before promptly launching the stone in her hand at the guy with a leather vest. That I'm assuming is her Dad.

"Hey!" The guy called in an annoyed tone as he rubbed the back of his head. I mean I don't blame him. That had to hurt. But how did it hit him, we're on the ground a fair distance away from the two men and it still hit him. Just how? When he turned around he looked straight at us as he pointed at Phoenix whom was still grinning.

"Phoenix! I should've known," the man exclaimed with a fondness laced within his words as said girl just bowed dramatically.

We then walked up to a staircase to get above the paddock as the two men walked towards the top of the stairs while we walked up to them.

"Let me guess, you're Nyima," The man who I can now identify as Owen Grady asked even though it didn't really sound like a question, it sounded more like a fact. I nodded nonetheless as I shook his hand.

"Phoenix told us about you," the man with a French accent said as he shook hands with me as well.

"She did?" I questioned while looking at said girl whom was looking at me in the corner of her eye with a grin.

"Yep. Mentioned how you seemed different from the other campers and I think we can see why," Owen said.

"Nyima, this is my Dad; Owen and his best friend Barry, whom is like an Uncle to me," Phoenix told me. Successfully stopping me from asking them what they had meant. At least I now had a name for the French guy.