Doom

As the alarm continued to blare around us, I ran over towards Brooklynn and Sammy, just before Darius and Kenji got to them, although Ben and Yasmina were quite a bit behind me. 

"Attention. All park-goers must report to the South Ferry Dock for immediate evacuation. Last ferry departs in two hours," came a male voice over the speakers, not really giving anyone much to go on. 

"That's it? No explanations? That's all we get?" Brooklynn asked when I had caught up to her and Sammy. I shrugged before looking towards a panting Darius and Kenji.

"We have to move. The only way we're gonna make it is if we run," Darius told us.

"Um . . . Are we sure that's the best way to get there?" Sammy asked Darius as I knew she was thinking about my sisters injury, which I don't blame her for as it is slowing her down. By a lot.

"I'm fine. I've competed with a torn ACL. You should be way more worried about Ben and Bumpy," Yasmina pointed out causing me to move my head in a way to slightly agree with her. We all looked at the two that have just finally arrived to us with Ben panting. 

"What we should all be worried about is catching a boat out of here and, naturally, we have a problem," Ben stated as he pulled out a map from his fanny pack, placing it on one of the benches next to us.

"We're here. The docks are on the southern tip of the island. Even if we ran at peak Yaz speed, there's no way we'd make the last boat out," Ben explained to as he gestured towards the map showing us how far away we are from the southern docks.

"You don't know that," Sammy told Ben trying to keep our hopes up, I believe.

"Yes, I do. I memorized the evacuation plan on the ferry ride over," Ben told the country girl getting groans of despair out of the rest of us.

"Okay, so we need another way. Um . . . Can we use those somehow?" Darius asked as he pointed to the kayaks in the middle of the Lagoon. Yeah, no. I am not going to let anyone risk their lives to get those.

"Or send someone to tell the ferry people to wait?" Yeah Darius was starting to panic, but I don't blame him. We're just kids. Well technically teenagers, but still.

"Or make a few jetpacks real quick? Oh! We should befriend a unicorn! Face it. It's hopeless," came Brooklynn's response as she looked down causing me to walk over to her and place a reassuring hand on her shoulder. She looked up at me from her sitting position with a small smile in thanks causing me to nod my hand with a small smile of my own.

"We will be arriving at Main Street-- your destination for fine dining . . ." the female automated voice caused our hope to suddenly come rushing back to us as we ran towards the direction of the voice.

"Followed by stops at the Jurassic World Lagoon and the South Ferry Dock."

"Monorail, what-what!" Kenji cheered as I laughed in disbelief.

"Mm, nicely played, Universe," Brooklynn commented, that was when we all started to run in the direction where the monorail will ended up stopping.

I was a head of everyone determined to get to the monorail and to hopefully safety, only I skidded to a halt before scrambling back behind a wall, as minute later Kenji, Sammy and Brooklynn saw what I did as they came running to where I was hiding. If you are wondering what I saw. It was Toro the Carnotaurus. Great. Let's add that onto the list of threats we have had today.

When we saw Darius, Brooklynn and I were quick to stop him from making our mistake before Brooklynn placed a finger against her lips as to tell Darius to be quiet. Darius then slowly walked past me to look around the corner only to probably see Toro looking around. Only for us all to hear him growling as it caused Darius to gasp as he was quick to go back to hiding behind the wall.