Suspicions

I feel bad for asking now as Darius had to help Kenji with poop scooping duty. Gross. Like no joke the size of it was practically the size of an anthill.

"Enjoy cleaning this up, boys," Roxie said as she tossed them a couple of snow shovels.

I turn my head slightly to look at Ben who gags at the smell. I couldn't blame him. It reeks. I feel bad for the people that have the job of clean up pooper scooper duty. That thought just sent a chill down my spine. Yuck.

"We're going to the genetics lab," Roxie proclaims as she starts walking towards the truck.

As we all walk towards the truck Brooklyn took at photo of the two boys. Before Dave threw something to Darius. "Cologne. That'll help with the smell. And the ladies. What-what?" He whoops, "but mostly the smell. The stench of dinosaur poo can really linger."

Before we left I sent Darius a sympathetic look before quickly saying, "I'll fill you in on everything that happens," luckily that got a nod and a small smile out of him. Before the truck moved down the road.

I was looking at all the surrounding before looking at Brooklyn who seemed to be down in the dumps as she was looking over something on her phone.

"'When are we gonna see cool stuff'? Chill, dude. I just got here," Brooklyn muttered which caused me to send her a sympathetic look.

"So, what's your next video?" Sammy asked while Brooklyn still scrolled through her comment section. "Ooh, maybe there's baby dino eggs in the lab. Everyone loves a baby video," I nodded to what Sammy said with a smile.

"Baby animals are cute," I commented while I fiddled with the two hand woven bracelets on my wrist in deep thought until I heard a click which caused me to jump and see Brooklyn's phone facing my way with her giving me a sheepish look.

"Sorry. It's a great picture," she tried to explain before she noticed the bracelets. "Cool bracelets."

"Thanks," I responded with a smile while feeling heat rising up into my face before I shook my head as some troublesome thoughts popped into my head causing my smile to turn to a frown. Causing Brooklyn to give me a concerned look which caused me to send her a small reassuring look which got a small smile out of her.

I then jumped when I felt someone nudge me slightly only to see my sister looking at me with a worried look, which caused me to wave her concern off as she noticed I was fiddling with the bracelets. I then turn to the sound of humming only to see Ben using a lot of hand sanitizer on himself, causing me to look at him strangely alongside my sister.

"Sanitizer. Who knows what kind of creepy dino goo is at that lab?" Ben says when he notices our looks. Before he starts pouring some on his legs. "Gotta be ready for anything," he then starts to rub it in. "The world is a grab-bag of gross, and we're all just along for the moist sticky roller coaster ride called life."

Yaz and I looked at each other in bewildered astonishment. Before I noticed her looking at the sanitizer causing me to shake my head hoping my sister wasn't going to fall into the trap and believe it. Only to watch as she reached over me in order to grab the sanitizer.

Someone save me from this craziness.

"What's good, Brooklanders? Today, I'm coming to you from one of Jurassic World's coolest remote genetics labs!" Brooklyn said to her phone as we got out of the truck heading inside.

We then walk into this huge white room which made me think we were in a mental institute. All the while Sammy gushes, "It's so shiny in here!"

I look around to see screens showing DNA tests, egg incubators in certain areas of the lab with machines turning them every so often, and there were some fossils as well. Everything looked so orderly and clean. A little to clean. Imma say it. I think Wu might be a mad scientist. I may not of met the guy yet, but it's a bit of a gut feeling.