Shared Pain

A/n: There will be a trigger warning at some point in this chapter.

Phoenix has seemed to be spacing out a bit, plus she looks tired. Also it doesn't take a genius to notice how Blue has been acting worriedly towards the weary looking girl. Also it's been a couple weeks since everything happened. So, over time we have ended up having the most random conversations ever. I've also been starting to have nightmares, but so far they haven't been too bad.

At the present moment, Phoenix was collecting wood for the fire, while Blue and I would glance at her every now and then. She either didn't notice or she was purposely ignoring us. Who knows, but Blue and I both sent each other concerned looks for the female as she seemed lost in thought.

Although once she had collected enough wood she made her way back to us as she put the wood in the wood pile before putting some more on the fire. Only to sit near fire listening to the crackling flames, but I noticed how she was shaking her head as if to rid herself of a memory or certain thought.

Right now though I was doing my best to defend my food from Blue who decided he was bored and wanted to see if he could trick me into letting him steal a bit of my food. Which consisted of fruit, and a couple slices of frozen pizza from the freezer which we heated up over the fire earlier. I then turned to look in the direction of a noise, only to quickly turn back to my food just as Blue had stolen a slice of my pizza.

"Blue, you cheater," I told the male who just did the Raptor version of a laugh as he chittered.

Phoenix was shaking her head in slight amusement, as she looked at the two of us with a fond yet weak smile.

"You two a goofballs," Phoenix muttered as she looked between us. That caused Blue and I to fake an offended look.

"Well it takes one to know one," I responded getting a chitter from Blue as he nodded his head.

"I never said that I wasn't," Phoenix replied with a knowing look causing Blue to grumble.

"Yip," was all I said. I didn't even need to be able to understand Blue's grumble to know that he basically said that Phoenix had made a good point.

Phoenix then stood up and walked over to the two of us, but she ended up giving me the last piece of her pizza as she finished eating her fruit causing me to look from the slice back to her in confusion.

"You sure?" I asked the female who just nodded her head before looking towards the Raptor who had stolen my slice of pizza.

"Don't even think about stealing her pizza. When you still have that Compy to eat," Phoenix told the male who did an exaggerated sigh before grumbling slightly. That just caused Phoenix to roll her eyes as she muttered something under her breath.

She then took a seat next to Blue and myself before she laid back looking up at the stars, while I continued to finish my food as Blue ate his Compy. Once I was finished I joined the female laying down on the soft grass looking up towards the stars.

"The stars are always so . . . bright," Phoenix muttered still looking up at the stars.

"And they are pretty too," I added onto what the female near me muttered. Blue then chittered getting a nod from Phoenix.

"Can I ask you a question?" Phoenix asked still looking up at the night sky, before she turned her head to look at me.

"Sure," I agreed, I'm kinda expecting her to ask me about the scar on my face.

"Is there a meaning behind those two woven bracelets of yours?" Okay I was not prepared for that question. Like no one has ever asked that.

"My friend Kida, she had made them. Although after . . . something had happened, we decided to make a promise. That promise was that if either one of us passed away, the other would give the one's who died bracelet to someone we cared for deeply that wasn't family. Someone who ends up meaning a lot to us," I admitted feeling like a bit of weight had been lifted of my shoulders.