Don't Let Go - Part Thirty Six

Hey guys! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have a look at my newest story 'You Had Me At Hello'. I'll love you forever (not that I don't already, for reading this, but I'll love you more forever) :D Anyway, hope you enjoy. Read. Comment. Vote.

                 “Knock Knock” I shouted, walking through his front door and kicking off his shoes. Logan followed my lead immediately, but Brogan and Matt lingered in the doorway, looking awkwardly. I didn’t really notice that our party had shrunk, since I heard Finn’s melodic voice calling from the front room. A subconscious smile swept across my face when I heard it; calm and sweet as always.

“Hey babe, you want me to put the kettle on?” He called, and the springs of the chair groaned painfully as he stood up. I heard quiet footsteps heading towards the kitchen and my smile widened before I turned around to see Brogan and Matt still standing just outside the front door.

“Come in” I grinned, amused by their reaction “You don’t need to worry about that, right now he’s just Finn, my boyfriend, chill.” I chuckled gently and Brogan nodded, before I strode into the room. I was already gravitating towards the kitchen where I could hear Finn making multiple cups of tea. I tiptoed up behind him subtly and covered his eyes with my hands.

“Guess who?” I whispered, my breath tickling across his neck and I felt his muscles tense slightly.

“I’m guessing not Brogan” He replied, turning away from the counter and sliding his arms neatly around my waist. Sparks started flowing through my bloodstream and my whole body became hot the moment his body touched mine.

“Sorry, it’s just little old me” I smirked and he kissed my nose softly.

“There’s nothing to be sorry about” He whispered “You look beautiful” His lips made a trail along my jaw, brushing the skin softly between tiny kisses. I tilted my head back slightly as his burning lips made their way down my neck to the collar of my shirt, where he sucked the skin gently. It was all I could do not to let out a gentle moan as his kisses sent electric pulses racing through me. There was definitely a reason I shouldn’t be doing this now, but as his teeth grazed my skin lightly, all thoughts were washed from my head. I pressed my body to his as my arms hooked around his neck. Our chests and hips were crushed together, as were our hips, and I was breathless even before his lips finally made their way to my own. He immediately took control, parting my lips easily and running his hands down my spine, before resting on the small of my back. His touch made me shiver, despite the heat that it ensued and I moaned lightly into his mouth.

“You’re so beautiful Riley, I love you” He whispered huskily against my lips, making me smile so much I had to pull away; chest heaving against his.

“I love you too” I whispered back, not trusting my voice to come out steady.

“Wow, that was some kiss!” An amused voice came from behind me and I jumped back out of Finn’s embrace, blushing furiously. Finn laughed at my reaction, while Matt’s smirk just grew as he leaned against the doorway. “Sorry to interrupt the little make out session, but I drew the short straw and was forced to come and make sure you guys still had all your clothes on. Looks like I came just in time.” He waggled his eyebrows playfully, looking pointedly at Finn’s shirt. His plain blue button up shirt was almost completely undone; woah, I didn’t even remember undoing one button, let alone four. I blushed even redder and cringed into Finn’s apparently bare chest, feeling his laughter vibrating through his chest.

“No worries, we’re classy enough to wait until you lot have left” He chuckled, and my squeak of protest was muffled as I burrowed further into his chest, feeling his arms tighten around me reflexively.

“You better not let Logan hear you say things like that; he’s a little less… understanding, than Brogan and I” Matt chuckled.

“I’ll bet, he’s the protective big brother type right; the type who’d kill a guy for looking at her wrong, while you’re the best friend who’s quite happy so long as she is,” He nodded in my direction “But will crush me the moment I hurt her” I turned so I was looking at Matt, who I was surprised to see smiling.

“Spot on; so you’d better not hurt her” He glanced warningly at Finn, but I could see he was satisfied by the tender way I was wrapped in Finn’s arms. He at least could see that me and my English teacher were crazy about each other, despite the circumstances.

“Trust me, I won’t. And if I do, I’ll be waiting on your doorstep for you to beat me to a pulp” Finn said, and I was surprised by the earnest tone of his voice, the one I knew meant he was deadly serious.

“Come on,” I said, breaking in between their tense eye contact “We better go and please Brogan by letting her see us together; who knows, maybe we’ll even convince Logan” I laughed, and was surprised again to feel Finn tense up nervously. I turned to look him in the eye, my face just inches away from his so I could feel his minty breath blowing against my face. “Hey, it’ll be fine. They’ll be okay with it, and they knew I wasn’t lying when I said I was in love with you.”

“But I don’t want them just to be okay with it; I want them to be happy for us” He leaned forward slightly, so he was dizzyingly close and it took me a few moments to work out a response.

“If I’m happy, they won’t care if you’re my teacher; they wouldn’t if you were the muffin man, just as long as they knew you weren’t going to hurt me. Just be your usual charming self and they‘ll all be falling in love with you helplessly too.” I told him, a small smile on my lips as I watched the tender warmth growing in his eyes.

“You’re amazing Riley, you know that.” He told me warmly, making my smile grow. He was so damn sweet “A kiss for luck” He asked hopefully

“You don’t need luck” I chuckled and he smirked.

“I actually just wanted a kiss.”

“You don’t need to ask for one” I rolled my eyes, but my amusement was cut off by his lips on mine urgently. His hands ran down my back again, rubbing the skin of my hips where my shirt rose up a little while she tiptoed against him, so he didn’t have to lean down as far. She pulled back, smiling gently at him and stepped away but held her hand towards him.

“You’ll be fine. I love you” She grinned and he returned her happy look, with one slightly more calm than earlier.

“Let’s go face the firing squad” He joked, rolling his eyes back like a martyr.

“They’re not going to be that bad” I laughed breathlessly, dragging him towards the kitchen door, through which wafted the sounds of my friends talking quietly amongst themselves.

“I don’t think you realise how much these guys love you.”

“It can’t be more than you do; let them see that. And if they don’t approve, I love you, and really isn’t that all that matters” I shrugged, trying to make my voice sound preppy and confident, when really my insides were twisting into knots

“How is it you always make me feel better?” He smirked, looking genuinely happy as he pulled me closer to him so he could wrap an arm tight around my waist. “I love you Riley”