1: Prepare The Soldiers

Present Day: Abandoned(?) Mercenary Base (The planet Chorus)

When Felix had first taken the gig on Chorus, he'd expected things to be easy. Everything seemed very straight forward. Go in, make sure the two occupying armies continued to hate each other, and kill anyone who happened to find out or tried to start any trouble. Simple enough. He'd counted on things being overly easy. What he hadn't counted on was all the fucking stupid twists and turns in the plan along the way. Things that hadn't quite gone according to plan. The simulation troopers were a constant thorn in his side. They'd gotten in the way. Everything had been going perfectly until they showed up.

Another thing he hadn't counted on right at first was being paired once again with his old partner: Locus. They'd been more forced allies/enemies rather than partners, but "partners" was as good a word to use as any. Felix had been hoping to never see the asshole again after the Great War. They couldn't work together like they had in the old days. That was vigilante work — war was different. The two of them had never really gotten along, per say. It was more of just tolerating one another. They were always at odds, even when they were on the same side. It all made them being "pitted against each other" in the little act of a conflict rather fitting.

The other thing Felix hadn't expected was all the weird little science experiments the Chairman conducted in his free time. Those experiments were also the reason he'd called Locus and Felix to an old, supposedly abandoned base. Apparently, they had to see whatever freak show he had going. Over the radio, the Chairman had called it the "first successful product of Charon's cryogenics program". Felix wasn't feeling too confident about the meaning behind that statement.

"You know, I still don't see why we have to see whatever science shit Hargrove is working on," Felix told Locus as they entered the base. "I mean, seriously. I never really was much of a science person. And we're not even part of the company, technically. So what does this have to do with us?"

"We do what we're told," Locus said, "whether we like it or not. Hargrove's been trying to work with cryogenics for years. We knew that already. He must've finally succeeded in one of his attempts to revive someone whose been deceased."

"Clearly. I'm not stupid, asshole. But who would he have brought back?" Felix asked.

"I guess we'll find out," he answered.

The two of them took an elevator down to the bottom floor, where they were unfortunately greeted by the Chairman. He seemed slightly less dreary than normal. That fact alone made Felix more than a little skeptical. Anytime the Chairman got hopeful about anything he seemed to internally cringe. And this time was no exception.

"Good afternoon, gentlemen," the Chairman greeted. "I've called you here to observe a ground breaking occasion."

"Oh, how wonderful," Felix drawled sarcastically. "And what might that be?"

"Follow me and I'll show you," he told them.

Chairman Hargrove started walking, Locus and Felix following behind. It was cooler on this level; evidence to the cryogenic mayhem that was going on. Before they knew it, they were standing in the center of rows upon rows of cryotanks. Each of them contained a body; the body of someone who'd been killed what seemed like ages ago. Felix would've loved to know how many strings — both legal and illegal — Hargrove had to pull in order to get them all here. Especially from the different worlds.

The Chairman turned to face them. "Gentlemen, I'd like to welcome you to the first — and most successful — cryogenics project in history. All done by Charon Industries."