38.

There I am, standing alone in the middle of her salon, quietness and sudden coldness wrapping around my body, making it harder to breath. 

I watch the front door sway lightly as wind blows, making windchimes that were hanging at the door ring, creating a quiet sound, sounding like something you'd hear in the beginning of a Christmas tune.  

I take in a deep breath and make a slow 360 around the spot I'm standing in, looking at the walls, floor, ceiling and decorations. Everything was in its place and it looked perfect. It was elegant, cozy with a touch of glam. It didn't look like a typical store for 'rich people', it looked like a store made with quality and love for everyone. Once you enter, you feel the love, passion and warmth. Most stores are cold, making you feel like it is all for eyes of the shoppers and to lure money in.

But this place... this place makes you stop, take a look and admire. Everything was art. Not only the clothing, but furniture, paintings on the walls, windows and door, front desk, lounge room, changing rooms, everything was right in its place, perfect color, everything matched and it felt like one huge living room where you'd want to hang out all your life. 

As I turned around, I noticed she has put smaller table and chairs in case clients bring their kids. Next to the table, there was a shelf with coloring books and crayons and markers. On the table a bowl was set in the center, filled with colorful candies. 

I walk over to the sofa and two chairs that were set ahead of the front desk, near the shop window which provided the perfect amount of sunlight. The furniture was soft to touch with fluffy pillows perfectly set. The glass table was big enough for anyone to reach it, no matter where they were sat, but small enough to provide enough leg space once you sit down. On top of the table was a white crochet tablecloth, circle shaped with crocheted flowers, making a perfect coaster for a vase with Alstroemeria flowers. Also on top you could find scented candles, dessert stand filled with colorful muffins, cookies and cupcakes, which also smelled heavenly. Under the glass table there was a shelf with fashion and sports magazines, as well as a guide, that she has made, to finding perfect clothes for your body type. 

I walk over to the front desk where cash register, computer and bunch of papers were, everything was in place so the fact that there was a lot of stuff and it wasn't a pure mess fascinated me. I wasn't much around to see the process of this happening so it really left an impression on me. 

After I took a good look at everything around this place, I couldn't help but smile to myself as I was proud of her and first and foremost happy that her dreams are finally coming true. 

My phone ringing made me snap out of my thoughts and I noticed it was Theo calling me "Where the fuck are you guys? We are starving over here!" I hear him whine and complain, making me realize that it's been around half an hour since Mackenna left me and I didn't even realize that time has passed so quickly. 

"Oh right! Sorry!" I blurt out as I rush to my car, locking the door on my way out and placing the key in my pocket so I don't lose it "Did I interrupt someeething?" Theo trails off but I simply sigh and reply "No" as I try to find the fastest way to Mackenna's house and avoid this sudden traffic.

"Are you alright?" Theo asks, obvious concern and worry in his voice made me smile, knowing that someone cares "Yeah, did you order everything I've told you to?" I ask, remembering our talk from an hour before. After he confirms, he once again draws my attention back to his concern, asking one more time if I am fine "Yes yes, Mackenna and I just had a small disagreement." I try to keep it short but his response makes me raise my eyebrows and almost hit the brakes "She seems pretty happy over here" 

What? She went there without me? She's having a good time even though we ended on a bad note? 

"Oh... good for her." I reply while clenching my jaw as millions of thoughts rush through my mind, taking in a deep breath and trying not to spit fire basically.